autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought pressure washer and foam cannon...no idea how to get set up

Good evening,

I recently purchased a Karcher K1700 electric pressure washer, the MTM Hydro PF22 foam cannon, and the Karcher K-Series pressure washer fitting. I have no idea how to get this thing set up. The fitting does not fit in the pressure washer spray gun. If anyone has the same setup or can offer advice, it would be appreciated! Thank you.
    2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
    2020 Acura MDX SH-AWD Tech

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bought pressure washer and foam cannon...no idea how to get set up

Quote Originally Posted by .brian. View Post
    Good evening,

I recently purchased a Karcher K1700 electric pressure washer, the MTM Hydro PF22 foam cannon, and the Karcher K-Series pressure washer fitting. I have no idea how to get this thing set up. The fitting does not fit in the pressure washer spray gun. If anyone has the same setup or can offer advice, it would be appreciated! Thank you.
    Please post photos of your setup. To see what you are posting about will help with your endeavor.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have attached a few quick pics. The attachment is this Karcher K-Series Pressure Washer Fitting which says it is for Karcher K Series pressure washers. However, after doing some digging, I think it might be for the K2/3/4/5 series, and not the K1700/1800/1900. I am not 100% on this, but that is my assumption. I wish the description on the product was a little more clear. If my assumption is right, I think I will suggest to Autogeek to add that it only fits the K2/3/4/5 series, so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

With all that being said, the quick attachment would work, but it would mean the foam cannon is on the end of the extension wand, and not the actual gun handle (which based on all videos I have watched doesn't seem to be the correct way to do it? So I guess it looks like I have to buy a new gun, which I am looking at this Amazon.com. The quick release would allow me to use the fitting that came with the foam cannon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bought pressure washer and foam cannon...no idea how to get set up-img_3505-jpg   Bought pressure washer and foam cannon...no idea how to get set up-img_3506-jpg   Bought pressure washer and foam cannon...no idea how to get set up-img_3507-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Question. The quick release connections, would those be a large investment? I have a Greenworks electric pressure washer. I found the quick disconnect at the local home improvement store. I too use the pf 22.2 foam cannon. I seldom use the gun that is supplied with the washer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Your machine uses standard M22 14mm connections and you can use the foam cannon with the factory wand. Getting a short style gun is just personal preference. The fittings you purchased are indeed for the k2,3,4,5 which use proprietary connections.

I'd highly recommend getting a better hose because the factory ones are crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, thank you SNP209. I was really excited to try it out today. I am going to give it a whirl attaching the cannon to the wand and see how it works. I did order the shorter gun from Amazon, so that will be here tomorrow. I guess I will try to see if Autogeek will allow me to return the $19 extension that is now useless :lol:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by .brian. View Post
    Awesome, thank you SNP209. I was really excited to try it out today. I am going to give it a whirl attaching the cannon to the wand and see how it works. I did order the shorter gun from Amazon, so that will be here tomorrow. I guess I will try to see if Autogeek will allow me to return the $19 extension that is now useless :lol:
    No problem. If the foam is not quite as thick as you were expecting, try swapping out the orifice. If I am not mistaken, your foam cannon comes with two different size orifices; a 1.25mm and a 1.1mm. The 1.25mm should already be installed in the foam cannon, but the 1.1mm would produce thicker foam with your particular setup, if I had to guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it did come with 2 orifices. Thanks for the tip, I will swap out for the 1.1.