autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pressure Washer Question

Hi everyone!

I am thinking of investing into a pressure washer. I do live in an apartment, but the nearest pay & spray is 30 minutes away, and not really feasible to go after hours. I was thinking of the Ryobi 1900 PSI RY1419MT unit. I already have the MTM Hydro pf22.2 foam cannon.

1. What specifically do I need to attach the foam cannon to the pressure washer?

2. Is the pressure washer gun and hose really a bad product - The gentleman from Obsessed Garage hated the stock gun and hose, but I don't want to shell out $300.

3. What specifically do I need to attach the pressure washer to a Mingle undercarriage sprayer.

4. Anyone currently living in an apartment, do you use a pressure washer or just always the pay & spray?

5. Any other general information/tips/ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure Washer Question

Where you will be washing your car will determine what you need. Do you access to a outlet, water hook up, drainage, indoor or outdoor?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I was thinking of connecting the pressure washer to my sink via a long hose and an extension cord. I also have a friend's house I could use but I'd want to use that occasionally.

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't have a direct line of sight to the water and especially the electrical cord I would advise you to for go the plan. Look into something like the WORKS hydroshot as an option and it can even be kept in your car. Never used one but seems fitting given your situation. Have you also considered using your buddies place to get your ride all detailed out and maybe adding a coating to protect the paint and minimize how much dirt actually sticks?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of the WORKS hydroshot. Just looked it up on Amazon, and it doesn't seem to get good reviews. Have you used one? Any difference between that and the regular garden hose nozzle on a high stream setting?

I was thinking of using my buddy's place...I used it to do a full detail this past fall but neither he or I had a pressure washer. Do you have any general advice on washing a car while living in an apartment? as well as my first two questions; What specifically do I need to attach the foam cannon to the pressure washer and Is the pressure washer gun and hose really a bad product...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChasKSC View Post
    Hi everyone!

I am thinking of investing into a pressure washer. I do live in an apartment, but the nearest pay & spray is 30 minutes away, and not really feasible to go after hours. I was thinking of the Ryobi 1900 PSI RY1419MT unit. I already have the MTM Hydro pf22.2 foam cannon.

1. What specifically do I need to attach the foam cannon to the pressure washer?

2. Is the pressure washer gun and hose really a bad product - The gentleman from Obsessed Garage hated the stock gun and hose, but I don't want to shell out $300.

3. What specifically do I need to attach the pressure washer to a Mingle undercarriage sprayer.

4. Anyone currently living in an apartment, do you use a pressure washer or just always the pay & spray?

5. Any other general information/tips/ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!
    Obsessed Garage dont like electric power washer in general... LOL

The only issue I see with the hose is that they will kink and too short. I also prefer a stubby spray gun over a long wand. My recommendation would be to get a 1/4" 50 ft kink resistance hose. A longer hose would let you get around the vehicle without dragging the washer everywhere. A wider hose (3/4") will give you more flow but less pressure. The Roybi unit said it produces 1900 psi.... I seriously doubt that. Most electric power washer measure PSI at the spray tip and they achieve the rated pressure by using a small orifice spray tip. I find that a long wand gets in my way except for reaching the top of a SUV.... I have an extension for that.

On the subject of orifice... you will get more performance from your foam canon by switching the orifice ( to 1.1 mm) inside the unit. Just as long the spray gun or wand has a 1/4" outlet quick disconnect fitting then you should have no issues with the PF22. The undercarriage attaches the same way.

BTW... there are many budget minded gun and hose that would do the job just as long you know what you are looking for so dont get too hung up with all the high end gears.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    Obsessed Garage dont like electric power washer in general... LOL

The only issue I see with the hose is that they will kink and too short. I also prefer a stubby spray gun over a long wand. My recommendation would be to get a 1/4" 50 ft kink resistance hose. A longer hose would let you get around the vehicle without dragging the washer everywhere. A wider hose (3/4") will give you more flow but less pressure. The Roybi unit said it produces 1900 psi.... I seriously doubt that. Most electric power washer measure PSI at the spray tip and they achieve the rated pressure by using a small orifice spray tip. I find that a long wand gets in my way except for reaching the top of a SUV.... I have an extension for that.

On the subject of orifice... you will get more performance from your foam canon by switching the orifice ( to 1.1 mm) inside the unit. Just as long the spray gun or wand has a 1/4" outlet quick disconnect fitting then you should have no issues with the PF22. The undercarriage attaches the same way.

BTW... there are many budget minded gun and hose that would do the job just as long you know what you are looking for so dont get too hung up with all the high end gears.

Thank you! Honestly as I mentioned, I'm brand new to detailing lol and am catching up. Not sure if posting specific brands is allowed here, but did you have a specific brand of hose, orifice, and the gun and hoses you recommend? Can you also specifically explain the differences between connecting the different fittings, male/female sizing, etc? Any other tips/suggestions? I hate buying something, waiting a few days and it not work or fit.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Worx Hydroshot Ultra, which has multiple batteries and moves the pump to the bucket or hose port. It is a little new but seems to get good reviews. I have a home but during the winter, it is a pain to get water for cleaning wheels. I'll likely purchase it for this next winter. And if I was in an apartment, I would have already purchased it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChasKSC View Post
    Thank you! Honestly as I mentioned, I'm brand new to detailing lol and am catching up. Not sure if posting specific brands is allowed here, but did you have a specific brand of hose, orifice, and the gun and hoses you recommend? Can you also specifically explain the differences between connecting the different fittings, male/female sizing, etc? Any other tips/suggestions? I hate buying something, waiting a few days and it not work or fit.

Thanks!
    I pm you.

Post Thanks / Like

Is a rinseless wash out of the question?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast