autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Recommendation: Aggressive Soap / Glass Water spots / Boars Brush / Steam

Haven’t touched my paint in over a year aside from a few touchless washes and waterless washes.

I’m looking to knock all the grime off. Are there any soaps that I should look into, I had been planning on using whatever I had left mixed with Opt PowerClean.

My Windows are spotted to hell, claying isn’t doing anything neither is my steamer (Ladybug). I’m aware an acid would remove the calcium but I’m concerned about my trim any suggestions would be great.

Does anyone use boar brushes on the exterior for anything besides badges? I’m struggling to think of places where a brush is really the best option on a DD.

Anything for use with a steamer on the exterior? I bought this thing and barely use it.

I’m hoping some new products might help motivate me towards a much needed 2-step. Kind of like how buying new gym shoes gets you running again.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommendation: Aggressive Soap / Glass Water spots / Boars Brush / Steam

For glass and everything else, I’ve used BF One Step with great success. I’ve even used it with a LC orange or white pad on my glass shower with spectacular results, we have extremely hard water too and it works like a champ!

Afterwards I coat the shower glass with Pinnacle Glass Coat since my wife is notorious for not drying the glass off!

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Some people here might be able to recommend a more aggressive soap or maybe even foaming the vehicle first.

I've been very happy with the cleaning ability of Optimum Car Wash, CaprPro Reset (though designed for cars with coatings), and Meguiars Hyperwash (which I've just now started to use).

I'd wash the car at least once, and maybe after refreshing the soap and rinse bucket wash it a second time. If you want to get the paint really clean, I'd clay the vehicle too.

I only use small brushes for tight areas around badging, and strictly use mitts for everything else.

For heavily etched windows, I'd start with a polisher and a medium-grade polish and a medium cut pad. That has worked for me in the past, but my conditions may not be very similar to what you're facing.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't stop at merely foaming the car first. If you have a foam gun, use the extreme wash method and foam throughout the entirety of the wash. I do this with every wash for the safety factor a bucket wash cannot provide.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.