autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Coating for vinyl seats on UTV

Hi all,

I apologize if this would be more appropriate in the marine or motorcycle forum. I am hopefully picking up a used side by side this evening. I dont plan to do mud bogs, but I know its going to get wet, dirty, dusty muddy etc. Its just the nature of the machine. I was wondering if there is a good coating i can use for the vinyl seats. My goal isnt so much appearance as it is UV protection and easing cleanup.
    I plan to use the Griots spray ceramic coating on the pastics etc, because its easy enough to use, and should make cleanup better. (though if there is a better coating for UV / mud / etc thats easy to apply, please let me know)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating for vinyl seats on UTV

Quote Originally Posted by 04lss View Post
    Hi all,

I apologize if this would be more appropriate in the marine or motorcycle forum. I am hopefully picking up a used side by side this evening. I dont plan to do mud bogs, but I know its going to get wet, dirty, dusty muddy etc. Its just the nature of the machine. I was wondering if there is a good coating i can use for the vinyl seats. My goal isnt so much appearance as it is UV protection and easing cleanup.
    I plan to use the Griots spray ceramic coating on the pastics etc, because its easy enough to use, and should make cleanup better. (though if there is a better coating for UV / mud / etc thats easy to apply, please let me know)
    Gyeon Leathershield should work just fine and is a stronger coating and should make cleaning easier than most standard protectants.

Pinnacle Black Label Vinyl & Leather coating. Haven’t used on seats but used it in rest of interior and i’m a fan. Easy to apply. Looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating for vinyl seats on UTV

If you’re talking mud and dirt, it’s going to take something more than just a coating due to abrasion… I would look into an Aries seat defender on Amazon. It’s a rubberized nylon sheet that will go over the seat, not move, and at the end of the day you throw it in the washer… I’ve been using them for years.
    Glen -