autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: ONR and 845

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

ONR and 845

Is there still an issue with the newest version of ONR removing/degrading Collonite 845 prematurely?

I've read some past treads about it and am wondering if it was still a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR and 845

I've never heard about ONR removing or degrading 845. That said, ONR Wash & Wax would add another layer of protection on top of 845 (not terrible for a period of time). And straight ONR Rinseless just has polymers and they don't last very long at all on paint.

In fact, I would say you will do more damage to a wax/sealant layer with a MF towel than you would with either any ONR product.

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No way in hell would ONR (new or old) remove or degrade 845.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if we are allowed to post links to other forums, but there are multiple posts about this happening on autopia. Just thought I would ask here because it seems like its two different worlds of thought sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t used #845 in a while so I can’t comment on the current status. But I can confirm for the others / doubters that in the past ONR and #845 didn’t really play well together. ONR seems to really degrade the #845 protection to the point where when using #845 I would simply not use ONR.

If it’s still a concern or issue I would suggest the McKees N-914 as an alternative to ONR. There are many that find N-419 equal or better.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 845 as my lsp and pretty much exclusively wash my car with onr. I've never seen any degradation of the 845 and still get 5-6 months out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

I haven’t used #845 in a while so I can’t comment on the current status. But I can confirm for the others / doubters that in the past ONR and #845 didn’t really play well together. ONR seems to really degrade the #845 protection to the point where when using #845 I would simply not use ONR.

If it’s still a concern or issue I would suggest the McKees N-914 as an alternative to ONR. There are many that find N-419 equal or better.
    OK, this is different. I recall reading a long time ago that ONR (pre-2013) and 845 didn't play well when 845 was placed on top of an ONR treated surface. I'm not sure about today but in general 845 being a hybrid sealant, you want this to be the first product on virgin paint. After 6-12 hours of curing ONR and other topper products won't affect 845's durability.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.