autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless wash question

Keep in mind too that some rinseless washes tend to have the dirt stick to microfiber more than others. Not sure how the new ONR performs but I know older versions were quite bad in this regard.

Not a huge fan of rinseless washing but if I had to choose I'd go 2-bucket = sponge, single use wash media = towels or mitts.

2. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use edgeless 16" square micro fiber towels, soaked in the rinseless wash, folded in quarters. Years ago I used mitts but found them to perform less than good microfiber towels.
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

4. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes1 View Post
    I use edgeless 16" square micro fiber towels, soaked in the rinseless wash, folded in quarters. Years ago I used mitts but found them to perform less than good microfiber towels.
    I use the same method but I keep a bucket with a gamma seal filled with 4 gallons of distilled water with the RW solution in the garage so I can wash the car if I get a wild hair!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

6. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Microfiber towels 350gsm-1 per big panel - for a mid size sedan I use 5-7.....Microfiber holds the rinseless so you have excellent lubricity when the towel is touching the surface- I have used mf’ s for 8 years.....

Google/YouTube the “Garry dean rinseless method”.
    This just works....period Rinseless wash questionRinseless wash question

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've gotten into rinseless washes lately, as I seem to be able to avoid water spots drying on my black truck better since you are essentially washing one panel at a time.

As others have stated, I soak about 14 microfiber towels into a bucket for a good five/ten minutes before I start, and pretreat each panel with a waterless wash solution. Used towels go into a separate bucket for the wash. Then, I immediately dry each panel with a waffle weave microfiber.

10. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried rinseless wash for the first time this winter.
    I picked up some Griots Brilliant Finish Rinseless Wash (no Wax).

I've washed my car 2x this year with it.
    Both times I ran to the DIY spray car wash and rinsed it with just the high pressure rinse to get the layer of sand/salt off the paint.
    I then drove home (~1/2 mile) and did the rinseless wash in the garage to get the film off the paint.
    I used 4 microfiber towels since it's a small car (VW Golf) and is fairly clean after the pressure rinse.

I am impressed how clean the car is afterwards.
    Now if it would just get warm enough so I can wash it again (supposed to be a balmy -5F for a high on Sunday).

12. Likes Klasse Act, KBsToy, bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^^^GREAT GREAT PRODUCT^^^

14. Likes bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been doing 90% rinseless washes for the last ten years or so, using ONR, Meg's D114 or Duragloss rinseless. My favorite tool is a Meguiars Microfiber mitt. I wipe in one direction only, which picks up the majority of the dirt along and near the leading edge. Then make a pass in the opposite direction, which soils the opposite edge. Flip and repeat. That gives you 4 passes, after which I shake the mitt aggressively in the bucket to dislodge any dirt to fall below the grit guard. Primarily in the winter, when the car is laden with salt, I'll pre-spray with my rinseless solution from a pump sprayer.
    My DD is black and the only place I may have some noticeable fine swirls is the hood, which was previously a repainted panel and gets more wiping activity all year around, due to bird droppings and tree sap getting attention between washings.
    I've tried a few other MF mitts, including Blackfire and Griots, but the Meguiars seems to release the dirt in the bucket better than others and the bright white color doesn't hide any residual dirt.

Bill

16. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    I've been doing 90% rinseless washes for the last ten years or so, using ONR, Meg's D114 or Duragloss rinseless. My favorite tool is a Meguiars Microfiber mitt. I wipe in one direction only, which picks up the majority of the dirt along and near the leading edge. Then make a pass in the opposite direction, which soils the opposite edge. Flip and repeat. That gives you 4 passes, after which I shake the mitt aggressively in the bucket to dislodge any dirt to fall below the grit guard. Primarily in the winter, when the car is laden with salt, I'll pre-spray with my rinseless solution from a pump sprayer.
    My DD is black and the only place I may have some noticeable fine swirls is the hood, which was previously a repainted panel and gets more wiping activity all year around, due to bird droppings and tree sap getting attention between washings.
    I've tried a few other MF mitts, including Blackfire and Griots, but the Meguiars seems to release the dirt in the bucket better than others and the bright white color doesn't hide any residual dirt.

Bill
    Watch his right footRinseless wash question

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You will be fine with either method. The yellow sponge is slightly softer than the red. The benefit of the BRS is that you don't end up using so many towels and is just as safe as using multiple towels. I have never experienced scratches with the BRS. Keep in mind that you are not scrubbing the surface but rather applying the solution. So expect to pick up a little dirt on your towel that the BRS does not pick up.

A wash mitt also works fine. I have used rinseless washes with a microfiber wash mitt with no issues. And I have only used just one rather than multiple mitts with no scratching.

Also the pre-spray method is a good idea. Simply take your spray bottle and dunk it into the rinseless wash solution you make.

Try each method out and see which you prefer.
    Do you find the BRS works with other RW's besides ONR ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast