autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Interior Detailing Light Recommendations

The lights in my garage are fairly decent, but still don't light the interior as much as I'd like. Does anyone have any recommendations for interior detailing lights? I've been using a hand-held light for a while now and I tried a few head-lamps but always felt they were cumbersome or slowed me down. I've been looking at the Claw light as an option but wanted to check if anyone had better recommendations.

Thanks!
    Nick Huot
    Alfred Auto Spa
    Alfred Auto Spa Facebook

2. Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior Detailing Light Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Huot25 View Post
    The lights in my garage are fairly decent, but still don't light the interior as much as I'd like. Does anyone have any recommendations for interior detailing lights? I've been using a hand-held light for a while now and I tried a few head-lamps but always felt they were cumbersome or slowed me down. I've been looking at the Claw light as an option but wanted to check if anyone had better recommendations.

Thanks!
    I use under the hood lights from Mac Tools and also Snap On.

I have 4 batteries for the Mac Tools Light and 2 Batteries for the Snap on Light, so I never run out.

Both lights stay on for a long time without running out of batteries which I never run out of because I just swap them out on the charger when one dies.

The Mac Tools light is great for large trucks and SUV's and also comes with a handy little flashlight that piggyback charges off of the under the hood light.

I can't tell you how handy that little flashlight has been during the inspection phase as well as for cleaning in areas that light is difficult to get to.

The Mac Tools light also has motion sensing technology so it shuts of and turns on as you enter and leave the vehicle. This saves a ton of batteries.

The Snap On light is great for smaller vehicles but if you have both you can hang one in the front and one in the back on a larger vehicle like I did on this Dodge Megacab Pickup Truck.

This way you won't need to waste time moving the light back and forth.

Eventually I'll get me another Snap On Light, and more batteries so I can hang two in the smaller vehicle as well.

Heck may as well get another Mac Light too while I'm at it.

As you can see from the photo the Mac light is pretty bright. I know you can't see the light itself but it does illuminate the interior very well, as does the Snap On light.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Dang. That Mac light that can extend to both sides of a hood or roof grab handles would be awesome if it was made by Flex for battery compatibility. And the motion sensor would be a must. Nice!

5. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Dang. That Mac light that can extend to both sides of a hood or roof grab handles would be awesome if it was made by Flex for battery compatibility. And the motion sensor would be a must. Nice!
    FLEX needs to get on it! I'd buy for sure!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Invest in a nice bright bigger head mounted one. Lots of choices. I have one from Lowes that is rechargeable or can use AAA's.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased one of these for myself as I have all Milwaukee 12 and 18v tools. Works great and it can be removed from the frame and stood up vertically if you need side-light for the vehicle. Milwaukee M12 LED Underhood Light Bare Tool 2125-20 | Acme Tools
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

9. Thanks dgage thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post
    I purchased one of these for myself as I have all Milwaukee 12 and 18v tools. Works great and it can be removed from the frame and stood up vertically if you need side-light for the vehicle. Milwaukee M12 LED Underhood Light Bare Tool 2125-20 | Acme Tools
    I have one of these as well and use it nearly daily (as an under hood light). Really great light.

I actually prefer it over the Snap On 14.4v under hood light I think Jacob has; I like the light distribution and brightness better. Though I did like the Snap On one enough to not trade it in when I bought the Milwaukee.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post
    Thanks for that. I’ll probably pick that up. One thing I don’t recommend is picking up the M12 polisher. Too fast even on low and hard to control the speed and no way to lock the speed. Your finger pressure is speed control. I’ll be putting mine on eBay as even as a tire scrubber it is too fast and hard to control the speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Thanks for that. I’ll probably pick that up. One thing I don’t recommend is picking up the M12 polisher. Too fast even on low and hard to control the speed and no way to lock the speed. Your finger pressure is speed control. I’ll be putting mine on eBay as even as a tire scrubber it is too fast and hard to control the speed.
    I won't buy any of their polishers, but I own their 12v right angle drill which I use with various Drill Brushes for tires and carpet. I also own two of their 12v two-speed drills for a Wheel Whoolies and other wheel cleaner tools. I take pictures and send to my neighbor every time I use them and he sends them to the area Milwaukee territory rep (my neighbor heads up the online internet sales for Acme Tools). I got a free banner for my shop out of it. LOL
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

13. Likes dgage liked this post