autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Help with pads for LHR15 Mark III/10-8 125/ LH19E

First and foremost I want to say hi to everyone! I've been following for about a month and seem to be familiar with allot of you!
    You guys are all a great bunch! Very courteous and helpful. I've been an on and off detailer for awhile. I had a full time location and got crushed in 07 with the recession. Went from a dozen cars a day average to 1 or 2 every other day. Needless to say, had to walk. Since then detailing has really progressed! From sealers going from polymers, to Ceramic,Graphene and si02 on. Over a 100 different flavors
    Back to my question, I have read just about ever post on this subject and in a perfect Pocket book would just spring on everything you guys have been suggesting!
    After resupplying my arsenal I'm just about Tapped out!
    I have a good amount so far on hand, but need more polishing and medium cutting. I hear allot of you like LC Thin Pro's Orange and White's. I was going to grab some, But was also considering HDO instead of the HDO CCS. I know some people really like MG Micro and Uro-Fiber. I'm game either way since I'm going to have to see what works for me. Also I have only used rotary's with wool and know it's still the ammo of choice on neglected cars. Luckily I live in an area that I get to be a little selective on cars. Higher end cars are defiantly the majority. Tons of Teslas allot of exotics and Rivians popping up allot lately. But wouldn't mind trying some foam Rotary pads.
    I have an order here pending, So far I have the 6 pad deal on the HDO's Blue,Orange,Red Though I keep debating on which way to go Thin Pro's or HDO? But not set in any direction and thought I'd bring it up.
    Thanks again for everything. You guys have truly helped me HUGE catching up on tons of knowledge!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with pads for LHR15 Mark III/10-8 125/ LH19E

Welcome!!! I agree the detailing product field now to be just a detailer hobbiest's candy store, so much to choose. And for the most part, I feel whatever you reach for will be good, and just go up from there.
    I am in the 'hobbiest' catagory, so can't give you advise on pads like so many other people on here can, alot of knowledge on the forum!
    I just have Rupes selection of pads and a few Uno-Fiber ones. I know there are lots of things I would like to reach for as well, but my Visa company and I don't need to get into a relationship either.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if you saw the post by dlc95: He has hours behind polishers so i read his comments carefully.

Lake Country HDO/CCS

Post Thanks / Like

The HDO pads are nice for long throws. I have only used the orange and blue. Don’t have a need for red.

The Rupes yellow wool is another nice pad.

Post Thanks / Like

I just walked in for the day and I couldn't wait to tune in!
    I'm starting to gather majority doesn't bother with anything less than a light polishing pad?
    So stock up on fine and medium polish?
    Also I'm really curious to try a foam rotary.
    Thanks again guy's

Post Thanks / Like

I answered on that link you sent

7. Likes noorth liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    I just walked in for the day and I couldn't wait to tune in!
    I'm starting to gather majority doesn't bother with anything less than a light polishing pad?
    So stock up on fine and medium polish?
    Also I'm really curious to try a foam rotary.
    Thanks again guy's
    The blue HDO is considered a heavy polishing pad. Lots of people use it for 1 steps on beat up paint. For major defect removal you are looking at microfiber usually on a DA. The rupes wools pad are another option. But traditionally wool was for rotary.

As for liquids, i'm a sonax fan. Cutmax, cut and finish and perfect finish should cover a lot of bases. Even just cutmax and perfect finish.

Lastly, medium polishing pads like Orange HDO and rupes yellow foam will finish out very well on most paints with the right polish/technique - so yeah light polishing pads are usually not necessary. I use them with gyeon primer sometimes just to try to get a little more gloss and prep the paint for my LSP.

Edit: I'm not a pro. Just relaying what I've seen others say. I did use the blue SDO pad with 3D one last year on my hood. It looked great, i did go over it again with the rupes white foam and 3D ACA 520 but I couldn't really see any difference. 3D's stuff are oily. If you go with them i would suggest you soak a towel in a rinseless solution to wipeoff the polish and follow up with a dry towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Have both of the Sonax. Also HD speed and ONE. 3 in 1 and TEC582, Cancoat and Primer and lastly Evo Pure.
    I've probably read every post from 2021 to 2022. I should post a opening shot!lol That would be a bit ridiculous. When I sold my last company I let everything go with it. I've had to completely buy everything from the ground up. Just going mobile this time till I feel I can open another location. It has been fun spending the $$$ thanks to all of your recommendations. But I'm starting to feel the much lighter bank account But how does that saying go? Takes money to make money! Yea I did it up!

10. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm stunned with how much I love the HDO CCS pads from Lake Country.

Add the HDO heavy cutting microfiber and I'm pretty much all set. I still need to try their "OSP" medium cut microfiber pads yet, but I imagine I'll like them too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast