autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

what is everyone using for salt removal?

I have a hard time cutting through salt on my car even with a layer of collinite 476s. Then the fact that multiple snow seasons and the cold make it hard to get things going after a few washes. Has anyone found something that works on paint to cut through road salt? Ammo nyc has something but its like 30 bucks a small bottle which is insane imo
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: what is everyone using for salt removal?

I just wait until it is warm enough, then do a 2 bucket with Meg's Hyper Wash and warm/hot water.

This method seems to remove the salt residue very well.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    I have a hard time cutting through salt on my car even with a layer of collinite 476s. Then the fact that multiple snow seasons and the cold make it hard to get things going after a few washes. Has anyone found something that works on paint to cut through road salt? Ammo nyc has something but its like 30 bucks a small bottle which is insane imo
    I use AMMO Boost winter wash. I still have a bottle that's near 2 years old. I add it to my regular wash soap to "boost" it as the name implies. $21 per bottle is high, but it works (I live in North Dakota). Furthermore, Larry is doing the products on his own and buying a bottle supports him. The amount of GOOD free-will information, and instruction, he shares on his YouTube channel is worth the $21.
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

Post Thanks / Like

I moved from Ohio to California. Best salt-remedy action I ever made.

5. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if they sell it on AG, but Brian from Apex Detail just released a video review on:

Eastwood Road Salt/Brine Neutralizer

About 6 minutes into the video, he also showed a Ryobi undercarriage attachment for his powerwasher that basically shot water up like a garden sprinkler. It was pretty cool.

7. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s Ammo boost. 1-2 onces to wash bucket. Will last you a couple winters. Nice thing is it can be used with Ammo Frothe. Nice if you don’t want to break out the bucket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes Mike Hoekstra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You only use 6 capfuls (about 2 oz) in a foamer with WARM water to wash the car. Yes it's more expensive BUT this is THEE only specific foaming WW on the market and it works, period. The foaming action breaks down the grit and because its foam, creates a safe barrier between you thin, mf towel and your cars paint. It's a little more work to use Frothe from AMMO NYC but its VERY safe and effective for winter duty because it was basically developed FOR winter duty.

GIve it a try and report back and btw you don't need their expensive airator either, the IK foamer will work just fine but make sure the water is warm when you do it and don't make extra to store away for next time, just doesn't work right...make it warm and make it fresh!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Likes firecorgi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    You only use 6 capfuls (about 2 oz) in a foamer with WARM water to wash the car. Yes it's more expensive BUT this is THEE only specific foaming WW on the market and it works, period. The foaming action breaks down the grit and because its foam, creates a safe barrier between you thin, mf towel and your cars paint. It's a little more work to use Frothe from AMMO NYC but its VERY safe and effective for winter duty because it was basically developed FOR winter duty.

GIve it a try and report back and btw you don't need their expensive airator either, the IK foamer will work just fine but make sure the water is warm when you do it and don't make extra to store away for next time, just doesn't work right...make it warm and make it fresh!

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

You should definitely try a different foamer: trying the Marolex, Ammo and IK..... IK had worst foam. Still good but others significantly better.

Just went to garage and sprayed some frothe thats been in marolex since at least June and probably before.

Cold weather too:

I thought the IK was fine till i tried the Ammo.... then the Marolex. The Ik that is still working has been reduced to wheel duty.

13. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    You should definitely try a different foamer: trying the Marolex, Ammo and IK..... IK had worst foam. Still good but others significantly better.

Just went to garage and sprayed some frothe thats been in marolex since at least June and probably before.

Cold weather too:

I thought the IK was fine till i tried the Ammo.... then the Marolex. The Ik that is still working has been reduced to wheel duty.

I haven't heard of Marolex. The AMMO foamer is great. I'll be looking in to Marolex also.
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post
    I haven't heard of Marolex. The AMMO foamer is great. I'll be looking in to Marolex also.
    I think the ammo works slightly better for Frothe but the Marolex is close and built very well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast