autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First wash of my new car (C8 Vette)!

Corvettes are cool, but the C8 took the brand to a whole new stratospheric level.

2. Likes HAMBO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

4. Thanks HAMBO thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Congratulations on the new American Super Car!

Quote Originally Posted by waddell64 View Post

Corvettes are cool, but the C8 took the brand to a whole new stratospheric level.

Completely agree. I've driven my brother-in-law's C8 a few times now and it's out of this world.

On a side note - a real pain in the butt do machine polishing - so many planes and so few large flat panels. What can you say... progress.

6. Likes HAMBO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome Hambo! Couple of great looking rides and i hope they keep that way for years.

I have to cringe though on the narrow driveway...fence just outside the drive on one side and a low brick rise next to the other side of the drive. I can just see kids/grandkids opening those doors into the fence or brick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willbeen View Post
    That's awesome Hambo! Couple of great looking rides and i hope they keep that way for years.

I have to cringe though on the narrow driveway...fence just outside the drive on one side and a low brick rise next to the other side of the drive. I can just see kids/grandkids opening those doors into the fence or brick.
    And another thing that makes me cringe on so many sweet vehicles over the years that totally fubars, a state required Front License Plate. Just senseless IMO.

In '86, I had bought a brand new Flame Red Metallic Pontiac T/A in Illinois. Told the salesman you put the front license plate bracket on the front, I'm not taking the car!

I walk in the back, and was watching them prep the car, and there's the goon with the Bracket and a Cordless Drill getting ready to mount it!
    I ran up and told him "Give me that freaking thing"!, except I didn't use quite those words if you know what I mean.

He said "You'll get a ticket without it"! I told him "don't you worry your sweet little head over such matters"!

Post Thanks / Like

Especially when the front license plate bracket has to be drilled into the bumper !

Thank God I live in FL now. No front plates, no state inspections.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Congratulations on the new American Super Car!

Completely agree. I've driven my brother-in-law's C8 a few times now and it's out of this world.

On a side note - a real pain in the butt do machine polishing - so many planes and so few large flat panels. What can you say... progress.

Thanks Mike! Yes on the last point...Even on my first wash my routine was somewhat thrown off by all the planes, angles, etc. My '13 Camaro is a much simpler body design, and was very used to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbeen View Post

Thanks! Yes that fence is from my neighbor who is now doing construction...it is a scary thought! Thankfully that brick rise doesn't extend the full way, so I have found the right spot to park where the door doesn't hit the brick rise, and the car stays away from the sprinklers...took some experimeting!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    And another thing that makes me cringe on so many sweet vehicles over the years that totally fubars, a state required Front License Plate. Just senseless IMO.
    Yes...Thankfully my Camaro never had one put on (I bought it used, so I got lucky on that). The Vette I noticed as soon as I walked in to pick it up the plates were already on...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12