autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash Review - From a Rinseless Wash Newbie

It was a balmy 45 degrees in Ohio yesterday. Too cold to mess with outside water and a hose, but warm enough that I wanted to clean my filthy truck. I decided to try my hand at a rinseless wash with some Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash I picked up a while back. First time rinseless washing, so I didn't know what to expect.

The directions state to combine 1 ounce of the Wolfgang solution with 3 gallons of water. First mistake I made; I have a 5 gallon bucket, so if I add 1.5 ounces with 5 gallons of water - that would be better. Wrong answer. All that happened was that when I dumped my microfiber towels into the solution to soak, the solution mixture just spilled out over the top since it was filled completely to the brim. So.......three gallons works best in a five gallon bucket. Next thing to consider, always add more microfiber towels to soak then you think you need. I counted the panels on the truck, but after a few panels, I soaked some more towels as I realized that if I came across a big bird bomb or a really particularly dirty area, I would want to switch to a new towel. So, soak more towels than you think you'll need.

The solution is generally sudsless, but it had a slick feeling to it that seemed to glide over the paint. I had read an article Mike had posted on a rinseless wash, so I practiced his method of a slightly wet towel to clean the truck. I'd say I rung maybe 3/4 of the solution trapped in the towel out. I also had a separate bottle of Uber Quick Detailer spray mixed up and I presoaked the grill of my truck and a couple bird bombs with that to help loosen contaminates prior to hitting them with a microfiber towel and it seemed to work generally well.

After cleaning each panel with the solution, I immediately switched over to a Guzzler towel to dry it off. This was the other eye opener for me. Having a black truck and utilizing my normal two bucket wash method generally would leave me with some water marks that would dry before I could completely dry it off. Washing one panel at a time should yield fewer water spots as there is less time for it to bake in the sun.

Bottom line, the rinseless wash by Wolfgang Uber worked flawlessly and really got my truck cleaner than I was anticipating. You can see from one of the below pictures that the truck was fairly dirty. For a really dirty vehicle, I'll probably stick to my normal two bucket wash. But for a colder day, or when I can't find any shade, or for a mild cleaning, a rinseless wash will be my new go to method.

- Adam

Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash Review - From a Rinseless Wash Newbie-rw1-20-13-20l-jpgWolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash Review - From a Rinseless Wash Newbie-rw2-20-13-20m-jpgWolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash Review - From a Rinseless Wash Newbie-rw4-20-13-20l-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash Review - From a Rinseless Wash Newbie-rw3-20-13-20l-jpg  

2. Likes mc2hill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash Review - From a Rinseless Wash Newbie

Nice.

Not many things to learn about RW. Most you mentioned.

One, however I did not see that you mentioned......... Pre-treating each panel (not just the grill or bird bombs) with the rinseless solution in a spray form.

I hope you did not just take those RW towels to dry/dirty paint.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Thanks waddell64 thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do a lot of Wolfgang Uber rinseless washes and I have always been a big fan. You use the Gary Dean method of soaking a bunch of towels for the wash process and it is a great method. I use multiple wash mitts and I also have a rinse bucket with a grit guard and scrubbing board. The Cobra guzzlers are great towels but the Griots PFM is even better. I can dry the entire truck with one towel. Wolfgang Uber is a great product as it wipes away cleanly without leaving any streaks. It also makes a great detail spray with 3/4 oz of Uber per 32 oz of distilled water.

6. Thanks waddell64, Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, excellent point. That was something I picked up as I went. Pre-soaking the panels with some waterless wash solution made everything go much smoother.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    The Cobra guzzlers are great towels but the Griots PFM is even better.
    Thanks, I will have to check those out.

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you who have used Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash and follow it up with some sort of spray wax or topper, what has been your experience with how the Uber plays with such spray products? After I do a rinseless wash, I usually use either Meguiars D156 or a ceramic-infused topper. I was concerned that the gloss enhancers in Uber would reduce how much the spray wax or ceramic topper bonds to the paint. So I was curious how Uber would compare in this specific regard to a rinseless wash that has little to no waxes or gloss enhancers such as Mckees 37 N-914 or ONR?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    For those of you who have used Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash and follow it up with some sort of spray wax or topper, what has been your experience with how the Uber plays with such spray products? After I do a rinseless wash, I usually use either Meguiars D156 or a ceramic-infused topper. I was concerned that the gloss enhancers in Uber would reduce how much the spray wax or ceramic topper bonds to the paint. So I was curious how Uber would compare in this specific regard to a rinseless wash that has little to no waxes or gloss enhancers such as Mckees 37 N-914 or ONR?
    I topped my truck with Blackfire Carnauba Spray Wax after using it. It looked and felt great, but I can't really comment on the durability, yet.