autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Don't know about this stuff but Adam's Graphene Spray is impressive!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by packfan View Post
    Don't know about this stuff but Adam's Graphene Spray is impressive!
    I just got some good to hear. Funny but Jimbo did a couple of tests and first one he was impressed. Funny though, performed like new till i don’t know 5 or 9th Spray and then just stopped working.

Theirs a you tube guy who at last update got 11 weeks strong on tailgate of his Everyday truck. Thats what did it for me. Strong performance for 3 months.... i’ll likely use as a 4 month topper on coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nav45 View Post
    These companies have to create new products to generate buzz (and revenue). It does not mean that the newer products are any better in a meaningful way than the older products. I actually think most products are just average - kinda logical if you think about it. Some are worse and some are better but most are just average. For instance, the Seal N Shine seemed good initially; it had nice beading, stayed fairly clean and was good to wash. But the more I used it, the more I found out that it's not *that* much better than similar spray wax products. It's actually more difficult to use than similar products, though its beading lasts longer. So, we have to use products long term to know what they are all about.

I think these graphene products will fall into the hot buzz category. I mean, why does everyone release similar products after one company comes out with that particular feature? I guess they don't want to miss out on the business opportunity to capture the *temporary* public enthusiasm. In a little while another revolutionary product will arrive only to be replaced by another revolutionary product a little while later. But hey, this gives these companies a fresh new revenue stream. This is not to imply that products don't improve over time. It's just that the rate of improvement is not anywhere near what we are told.
    The same was said about ceramic coating when they first appeared on the market.

IMO graphene is the future, not only in automotive, but in construction, household, even flight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I just got some good to hear. Funny but Jimbo did a couple of tests and first one he was impressed. Funny though, performed like new till i don’t know 5 or 9th Spray and then just stopped working.

Theirs a you tube guy who at last update got 11 weeks strong on tailgate of his Everyday truck. Thats what did it for me. Strong performance for 3 months.... i’ll likely use as a 4 month topper on coating.

Some don’t realize that a coating can take longer to cure. Some continue for 30 days to reach the max cure.

The 4 hours or 24 hours is the allowed time it can get wet with water. Nothing about chemicals at this point.

I agree that real world is the true test and not these torture test.

If a product fails in one wash what amount of time does that equate to? 1 month? 3 months? 6 months?

People get sucked into these tests but oh well. That is the nature of YouTube reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post

IMO graphene is the future, not only in automotive, but in construction, household, even flight.
    How do you feel about your beloved CarPro not getting into the graphene market. Sorry man I just had to push tour buttons a bit haha.

FYI none of these graphene coatings have shown much difference over a typical coating. From an overall performance standpoint and the water spotting issue. Perhaps the next versions will if graphene even sticks around.

Gyeon made a good point that they can infuse a coating with anything but is there a benefit. Was an interesting discussion they had on their Gyeon show. They are also. It getting into the graphene scene anytime soon as is Gtechniq and Feynlab. They must know something we don’t.

5. Likes BudgetPlan1, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Agreed on everything but automotive.... at least graphene in current form. Coatings not thick enough for graphene to lay down right to give strength.

That being said I believe graphene is the marketing aspect of it. If a company making graphene products comes out with something new and revolutionary it will probably be in their graphene line as thats whats marketable.

In essence the product with or with out graphene will be amazing but adding graphene makes it marketable.

Weather you for it or think it’s snake oil.... look how much it’s been touted, posted about, debated in this forum by us who know detailing better?

Good or bad buzz is still buzz and it would smart marketing to jump in the buzz. Their are more people in the general consumer market looking to get the next greatest buzzy thing rather than debunk it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post

Sorry, I deleted my post. Seemed too wordy.

As to graphene, maybe you're right. Maybe it's more than a bunch of companies trying to capitalize on the moment. We will see but true ceramic coatings are still a very small fraction of the overall market. But that hasn't stopped companies from putting si02 on things where it doesn't make sense. Silica, coating and si02 are being thrown around all over the place. Are these products that much more durable or beneficial from previous spray products? Maybe but the difference is very small. I do understand that from a business perspective one must not remain stagnant. I'm looking at it from the consumer side.

The average Joe will see these new buzzwords and be drawn in - not knowing that his current products perform within 5% of this newest latest item. For instance, I saw where one of the more well known "spray coatings" was compared to a lower priced item (4 times lower priced) and the latter far out performed it. I mean, the company even spells out the ingredients in the item to make sure you know what you're getting. But does that make a difference in the real world? Not from what I've seen.

Sorry I'm not down playing any of the new products. It's just that we have so many new products being thrown at us constantly that one needs to step back a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Weather you for it or think it’s snake oil.... look how much it’s been touted, posted about, debated in this forum by us who know detailing better?

Good or bad buzz is still buzz and it would smart marketing to jump in the buzz. Their are more people in the general consumer market looking to get the next greatest buzzy thing rather than debunk it.

Of course, that's viral marketing for you. You have the various characters pushing the products via their "reviews." The manufacturers + retailers as well as the "reviewers" benefit from this - one gets the sales and the other gets views. Not saying it's bad or anything but you have to see it for what it is.

BTW, some of those graphene products look like more work for less durability, at least chemically speaking. In real life, maybe they do offer more than the average spray product. We don't know yet but I guess we will find out. The buzz is real

9. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=The Guz;1699255]

How do you feel about your beloved CarPro not getting into the graphene market. Sorry man I just had to push tour buttons a bit haha.

They replaced Graphene with SiC.

I'm happy with UK3.0, Professional, Finest and now SiC.

11. Likes The Guz, waynvision liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Some don’t realize that a coating can take longer to cure. Some continue for 30 days to reach the max cure.

The 4 hours or 24 hours is the allowed time it can get wet with water. Nothing about chemicals at this point.

I agree that real world is the true test and not these torture te

Yeah I didn’t even think of that. Most say don’t get wet for 4/24 hours and don’t wash for at least a week. If a soap which is usually close to PH neutral is no good before cured then not using product how it should.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I didn’t even think of that. Most say don’t get wet for 4/24 hours and don’t wash for at least a week. If a soap which is usually close to PH neutral is no good before cured then not using product how it should.

The problem is water spotting.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast