Hi Everyone,

Do you all have a general rule of when you do a 1-step polish on your car (i.e. every year, every 10-15K miles,etc.)?

I purchased my first car ever in Sept. 2019 (Toyota Rav4 Hybrid). I absolutely love the car, and it's a huge upgrade over my 2000 Honda Civic that I drove for 19 years. When I purchased the Rav4 I instantly got into detailing (I've always been a bit OCD, lol). The car is garage kept and I do baby it a bit, but it's my only car so I do consider it my daily driver. I've been maintaining the car exceptionally well, and have extensively educated myself on proper car detailing techniques.

I've had the car for ~14 months and it only has 6,800 miles on it (Like most, I've been working from home during COVID). I recently did my winter prep which involved a pull strip wash, chemical decon, clay bar, and 2 coats of Adam's Paint Sealant, trim dressing, glass sealant, and full interior detail.

The paint appears to be in excellent condition and I have no plans to do a 1 step polish on the car in the near future. However, I know at some point I will want to do a light 1 step polish on the paint to keep the car looking great. I purchased Griot's Complete Polish awhile back and I've used it sparingly.

Now, to my questions....

1. I've heard that it's safe on most modern cars to do a 1 step correction using a polish once a year without any worry of burning through the clear coat for the life of the car. Do you guys agree with this? If I plan to keep the car for approx. 10-15 years, is it safe for me to polish the paint every year with a product like Griot's Complete Polish?

2. Do you have a general rule of when you compound and/or polish your car? (i.e. Every 25,000 miles, etc.)

Any feedback will be appreaciated, thank you in advance!