autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What Kind Of Customer Would Buy This Package?

What kind of clientele do you believe would purchase a two step polishing package paired with a 4 year ceramic coating?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Kind Of Customer Would Buy This Package?

I stopped reading after the first sentence. (not really, i read it all) But way too much for the average person. Jeweling????? Not a common term people recognize. I have my ceramics packaged with a 1 step correction, true red, or black I tell them requires 2 steps. I always bring them in for a test spot. Most people are blown away with 1 step results, and i barely ever try to push them into a multiple step correction with a daily driver. 9H is a marketing term that really doesn't mean anything to a normal person. they care about years of protection, and want to SEE a result in front of them. Sell it to them in person, not in a description on your website. Selling in person with visual results will be the best way to sell it. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but stop going hard on name brands. Customers are typically in the dark on brands, they want protection.

3. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And my typical ceramic customer, never gets an interior detail

5. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What I have learned from corporate America is that less is more. Offer two packages, 1 that cleans and protects and one that corrects and protects. Ceramic coating is a great business but until you have educated clients you offer that at Point Of Sale with all the bells and whistle pamphlet and demo cars. Don't combine two processes together as you never know what condition the customer car will come in and be locked to your language. Lastly don't use product names for paint correction as one product does not fit all. Other than that congrats on having a place to have fun and charge for it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

7. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IH8SPM View Post
    What I have learned from corporate America is that less is more. Offer two packages, 1 that cleans and protects and one that corrects and protects. Ceramic coating is a great business but until you have educated clients you offer that at Point Of Sale with all the bells and whistle pamphlet and demo cars. Don't combine two processes together as you never know what condition the customer car will come in and be locked to your language. Lastly don't use product names for paint correction as one product does not fit all. Other than that congrats on having a place to have fun and charge for it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I am not a pro but as a consumer i would say offer offer 2 packages like mentioned before. The cheaper one would get them in. If they need a two step show them with comparing test spots and see if they want too upgrade.

Offer interior and exterior separately with the option to bundle and save.

If only offering at a total package people may only want one or the others.

People like to see what the can save so offer separate prices $100-$150 more than bundle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a good idea regarding the interior. Make it an optional addition that would be added at a discount for the nicer exterior packages. Allows your packages to be less expensive and allows the customer to choose exactly what they want. I’m thinking maybe 4 categories with Good, Better, and Best in each.

Exterior Clean
    Interior Clean
    Paint Correction
    Paint Protection

I agree, don’t mention products as consumers don’t care about products, they figure when they hire a professional, they’re also getting the best products. And it would be different if you were using a known brand like Bose or Apple but you’ll probably cause yourself more headache by having to educate the customer on your choice of product. I agree, focus on results. This also gives you flexibility on products. I’d also say I would be more impressed by a professional that used multiple brands and said, I tested many and these were the best in each category as opposed to someone that just used one brand. But that’s personal to me.

11. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t say anything about a “4 year ceramic coating” unless you are offering a warranty that the coating is going to last for 4 years, and don’t do that unless you are planning to open a whole different can of worms.

13. Thanks Thomkirby, Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know its easy to criticize, but sounds like your a salesman for Pinnacle Black Label products. KISS principle is what comes into play here don't confuse the customer. Keep it short and simple.

15. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post