autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Terry or Microfiber Bonnet for machine wax removal?

Thanks, Guy's
    2011 F-250
    Yes, I always keep it clean and waxed and it's not my daily driver. Use it to tow my camper and as needed around town for truck errands.
    After a thorough cleaning and wax job I have to even use it.

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to turn back the hands of time 30 years, and what once worked very well for me.

A jiggle machine, the Waxcoa Waxer. I used to deal with heavy duty small batch local waxes (Nu-Look) that made Colly #476 look like WGDGPS 3.0. Good ole Frank D'Amato (deceased for 30years) used to dope his waxes to the gills. Made the best Meg's products back then look like a weak red bottle watered down detailer spray by comparison.

Looking at pics provided here, it looks to me that whatever Bonnets were stuck on a PC 7424 don't look right to me, too large. Any interference with the shroud just ain't gonna work right Same with the Jiggle Machines, the Bonnet cannot contact-touch the Shroud for good operation.

You might think I'm full of beans, but I got show car results, when working with hard to apply and remove liquid and paste waxes.
    The Bonnets I used were Terry Cloth, and many I custom made myself from the softest Cannon Bath Towels.

That ole waxcoa machine would quickly apply to all major panels in a uniform way, better that I could ever do by hand, never got ghosting or streaking, and same with removal.

I never necessarily relied on such a machine to totally remove every last vestige of wax, but to merely "break up" and "cut the ####" so to speak.
    Then I could more easily come behind with Beefcloth, Baby Diapers, that's what I bought and used back in the day.

Such was good enough that it kept my '67 Stingray, my '68 Camaro SS396, and many friend's rides coming out killer.

I once had an old friend, a big time Poncho lover, had some of the most beautiful GTO's and Grand Prix's and Cadillacs you ever seen. Let him look at my Stingray one day and he was floored!

There were times I'd combine waxes and glazes on application, you name it, 3M, Liquid Ebony, Megs, for a really nice 1-2 punch! Not too aggressive, yet got the job admirably done! Not a sleek to be seen under any light, and the towels falling off the car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12