autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Seat stitching is falling apart

Hey Guys,

Not sure if this is the right forum or not.

The seat stitching on the front of my 3rd row seat as completely come undone. I recently had a problem with the AC and wondered if that somehow had something to do with it. I read that a damaged evaporator core could leak into the cabin of the truck. I took to the dealer and they didn't know why this might happen. I did notice an oily residue on the front of the seat but I have now idea how it would have got there and only on the front of the 3rd row. None of the stitching anywhere else is breaking down. The dealer thought they could smell something like vinegar. I know we haven't had any vinegar back there The carpet on the floor under the floor mat also is breaking down. I'm the only one that drive this and we don't have kids and rarely is anyone riding back there. I did have a 20lb propane tank in there for a few days but that was in the back of the truck.

I tried attaching a picture but I couldn't get it to work.
    Any guessing what might have caused this?

Thanks,
    Ron

Mike Phillips

Re: Seat stitching is falling apart

Your first post,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Sharing a picture on a forum is a lot more difficult for most people than Facebook. I used to try to help people, have lots of articles on the topic. I use a PC computuer for the hundreds of pictures I upload each month - so it can be done.

A picture would help a lot. The easiest way is via TapaTalk. Here's my article and effort on helping people to get pictures on a forum.

The easy way to share a picture on a forum - Tapatalk App for your cell phone

As a person that shares a LOT of pictures in the forum world using the best way, which is to upload pictures to a gallery so the pictures have an actual cyber home with an actual cyber address, I completely understand that the majority of people don't know how to do this and don't have the patience or wherewithal to figure it out.

So with that said, here's the easy way, simply get the TapaTalk App on your phone. Links below for the type of phone you have.

Link for TapaTalk for iPhone

Link for TapaTalk from Google Play

I don't have a tutorial on how to then use the App but I figure it out and if I can do it - most of you should be able to look at the interface and with a little experimenting - figure it out.

3. Likes axel06 liked this post