autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Target MF Towels!? AWESOME!

Nothing beats the polish removal of an indigo. I like the vroom for the wax removal and application of stuff. I also use the vroom for door jams and engines. I have a set of cobra towels for the most part they arent that much better than the vroom's. I dont use them for the engines cause they were expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Target MF Towels!? AWESOME!

I got a whole pack at sams to 25 lime green ones for $12.99 Friday for my detail on sunday with my new purchase of wax. check out show and shine carguy. Will try the one at target in the near future.

Post Thanks / Like

try Cobra brand MF towels...it's like an upgrade from a Chevy Cobalt to Cadillac CTS.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

The only good vroom towels imo are the gray ones that are the 4-pack for $5.99, I believe these are the ones the OP is talking about.

The one's I prefer though for OTC, are the 2-pack's from Wal-Mart..... yes, Wal-Mart.
    They are light blue, ultra plush, and are rolled up together in a tube shape. They are $3.67 for 2. I have around 20, lol.

Yea, cobra's are nice... for 3 months. Then they started linting like crazzzzzzy. Now, my waffle weave glass towel is linting after about 6 months. The only Cobra product I use now are the Guzzlers, no problems with that. I haven't gotten any of the newer versions of the Cobra's, so I have no word on those.
    I don't plan on buying Cobra MF's again except for Guzzler if needed. I'm sticking with my Wally's World towels which have lasted longer than Cobra's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whitethunder46 View Post
    The only good vroom towels imo are the gray ones that are the 4-pack for $5.99, I believe these are the ones the OP is talking about.

The one's I prefer though for OTC, are the 2-pack's from Wal-Mart..... yes, Wal-Mart.
    They are light blue, ultra plush, and are rolled up together in a tube shape. They are $3.67 for 2. I have around 20, lol.

Yea, cobra's are nice... for 3 months. Then they started linting like crazzzzzzy. Now, my waffle weave glass towel is linting after about 6 months. The only Cobra product I use now are the Guzzlers, no problems with that. I haven't gotten any of the newer versions of the Cobra's, so I have no word on those.
    I don't plan on buying Cobra MF's again except for Guzzler if needed. I'm sticking with my Wally's World towels which have lasted longer than Cobra's.
    Cobra detailing cloth is a very nice MF towel. All purpose orange are so-so...
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

quick bump, I just picked up two of the big vroom MF towels for 8 bucks on sale. I dont remember if the smaller ones were on sale, but as everyone stated the big ultra plush and 4 pack are the only ones worth looking at for paint. the rest of them aren't as nice.

Post Thanks / Like

try the new Cobra Supremes (grey/black) and you will find a new super fluffy. Awesome towel.

Post Thanks / Like

i just received my cobra super plush and they are awesome! i do agree however that my older cobra microfibers do seem to be linting. i am gonna go back to the cheap-o for general cleaning and wax removal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12