autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

ATS V vs Griots One Step Sealant

My steps to this point:

1. MTM foam cannon wash with CG Honeydew Snow Foam
    2. Optimum Ferrex and Meguairs D2002 spray clay (Ran out of Ferrex after doing my wheels off car)
    3. Nanoskin Autoscrub Synthetic Clay bar with their Glide lubricant

Paint looks pretty good, feels smooth. The white diamond really hides any swirls or marring. Have a hard time seeing it unless at the right angle.

I have my PC 7424XP loaded with a Hexlogic Blue pad and I did a test spot following Mikes guides after taping off the hood area trim.
    Using the least agressive stuff I have, did half the hood with Griots One Step Sealant.
    Came out ok, no real swirl or scratch removal that I could see but I may have not been applying enough pressure(brand new to me car, I am a little scared)
    I switched to the white Hexlogic pad which is the more aggresive polish pad.
    Did another pass, same verdict with swirls but the paint clarity is looking good.
    I attached the reflection from one side of hood vs other, you can see the light outlines much clearer on the polished side.

I am happy with this for now, I want to finish the car, put a coat or two of Collinite 845 on it and enjoy the next few months before I dive deep into correcting the paint, as I am having rocker panels repainted, some small dents removed and small dings re painted, figured full correction with all the paint work done makes most sense.

When I do my full correction, what do people recommend for this white GM paint for a swirl remover?
    I was looking at Jescar and Sonax products but would like to hear what people have used on a paint like this?

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ATS V vs Griots One Step Sealant

Also, I am seeing more swirls on the side I am finishing with the One Step sealant.

Brand new foam pads from the package.

Is it possible the sealant is removing water spots and other defects that make these swirls more apparent once the paint has more clarity?

I dont think it is my microfiber towels used to wipe the polish because I wiped the other side and no swirls seemed to be added.

It is really difficult to see anything in this paint unless at the perfect angle and lighting so I could just be seeing 'new' swirls that were always there....

Post Thanks / Like

Griots Boss polishes get good reviews. You probably need something stronger than an AIO to remove swirls unless you use an orange pad with the AIO which should be fine on white.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    Griots Boss polishes get good reviews. You probably need something stronger than an AIO to remove swirls unless you use an orange pad with the AIO which should be fine on white.
    I was just reading some reviews about those polishes, I may grab a bottle here locally and see how it works.

Have you experienced what I am seeing where there seems to be more scratches (mostly straight line random ones) now visible due to the paint being cleaned up from a light polish or cleaner product like this AIO?

Thanks for the recommendation!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just found a full bottle of CG VSS and their V series line in my garage I must have gotten as a present at some point.

Any of those products any good?

Post Thanks / Like

I've had some RIDS and found that a Griots MF finishing pad works effectively at removing them. Not sure what VSS is but Griots stuff is pretty good.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I've had some RIDS and found that a Griots MF finishing pad works effectively at removing them. Not sure what VSS is but Griots stuff is pretty good.
    Chemical Guys polish and compounds.

I will stick with Griots as they are local to me.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Hunter View Post
    I just found a full bottle of CG VSS and their V series line in my garage I must have gotten as a present at some point.

Any of those products any good?

I've never had any success with anything in the CG 'V' line