autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool This is how i do it!

I use to work for an BMW, LandRover auto dealership, so we'd wash sold cars, detail trade ins, wash vehicles that got serviced, and we'd sometimes detail cars that customers paid to get detailed. This was seldom, because most people didn't even know the dealer offered the detailing service. It does cost around like $150. It will be spotless when we're done, but you can get all the supplies yourself and do it all yourself. You just gotta have time if you wanna do a full service detail for your own car.

I start by air blasting the interior (use an air compresser at about 30psi and a gun attachment) this gets all the loose dirt, dust, everything up and ready to be vaccummed.

The vaccum the junk out of it so you're not scrubing dirt into the carpet. Then use some 3m adhesive remover on the carpet to split the junk up, and then spray a cleaning chemical called awesome orange on the carpet and scrub the stains out. Repeat if needed, it works great, just not on all stains right away. Then we hit the door panels with awesome orange, and wipe it with a rag.

Then just go over all the plastic and #### in the interior. And do a final vacuum. Then we use this stuff called proshine, which shines all the plastic on the inside, making it look like day 1. No wiping necessary. And i forgot to mention, but somewhere in between, you clean the seats off. Also, we'll clean the inside windows, I like aerosol cans of glass cleaner.

We'll do the engine compartment if they wanted it. Basically, you use awesome orange, spray a can all inside the engine compartment, and then use a pressure washer to spray it off, then use the air gun to dry it.

After the inside is done (including the floor mats), we wash it. You spray the wheels off, rinse the car, soap it and scrub #### out, spray it off, shami it, if the customer wants it, wax the car. They have some spray on waxes that work well and quickly.

Also, you can glass clean the outside windows.

If you want some product names, check out Awesome Orange, 3M adhesive remover, Glass Clean.

Both glass clean and awesome orange are made by i think car pro. I don't think you'll find it in stores, but it is sold online, you'll have to look hard, search on yahoo. The glass clean, you can buy 10 cans for $10 right now at advance auto parts.

I'm happy to have the cleaning skills i have now. My car looks like day 1, and it's an 89 ford probe. Send me a message if you have any questions.

P.S. women will pay lots of money to have their cars detailed. Most are too stupid to do it on their own, and would love to show off their clean cars. And then some women just don't give a #### how their cars looks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: This is how i do it!

Quote Originally Posted by studwithsuds View Post
    P.S. women will pay lots of money to have their cars detailed. Most are too stupid to do it on their own, and would love to show off their clean cars. And then some women just don't give a #### how their cars looks.

May God have mercy on your soul.

[Jumps back waiting on the (justly deserved) flaming to begin]

Seriously, that's such an unnecesary stereotype... There are both women and men that don't give a crap about their cars and there are both women and men that don't know anything about taking care of a vehicle themselves that will pay good money (and I would consider it a fair price) to have the work done for them. I'm sure there are things you pay someone to do that you COULD learn to do yourself and do cheaper but have no interest in it and feel your time is better spend in other areas, right? Nobody has the time and resources to do everything themselves, it's simple economics that different people will offer different goods and services, specializing has it's benefits.

I'm sure you have lots of good experience and knowledge that everyone here can learn from and appreciate, just show respect for EVERYONE on the board and everyone will be a lot more willing to listen.

Post Thanks / Like

given some time, we will show you some boutique products that likely offer more benefit. Most dealer products are repackaged and used for short term success.

Post Thanks / Like

Most dealership detailers are pretty much doomed in this market, it's a very difficult transition, that's why it's so much easier to train rather than re-train. With this one, I would suspect even harder than most.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good first post. Obviously you're just looking for a reaction to that ridiculous statement. Way to go Suds!

Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Look out for : MEGHAN
    AMG Classic Automotive Detailing 45 year's and still going at it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by studwithsuds View Post
    I use to work for an BMW, LandRover auto dealership, so we'd wash sold cars, detail trade ins, wash vehicles that got serviced, and we'd sometimes detail cars that customers paid to get detailed. This was seldom, because most people didn't even know the dealer offered the detailing service. It does cost around like $150. It will be spotless when we're done, but you can get all the supplies yourself and do it all yourself. You just gotta have time if you wanna do a full service detail for your own car.

I start by air blasting the interior (use an air compresser at about 30psi and a gun attachment) this gets all the loose dirt, dust, everything up and ready to be vaccummed.

The vaccum the junk out of it so you're not scrubing dirt into the carpet. Then use some 3m adhesive remover on the carpet to split the junk up, and then spray a cleaning chemical called awesome orange on the carpet and scrub the stains out. Repeat if needed, it works great, just not on all stains right away. Then we hit the door panels with awesome orange, and wipe it with a rag.

Then just go over all the plastic and #### in the interior. And do a final vacuum. Then we use this stuff called proshine, which shines all the plastic on the inside, making it look like day 1. No wiping necessary. And i forgot to mention, but somewhere in between, you clean the seats off. Also, we'll clean the inside windows, I like aerosol cans of glass cleaner.

We'll do the engine compartment if they wanted it. Basically, you use awesome orange, spray a can all inside the engine compartment, and then use a pressure washer to spray it off, then use the air gun to dry it.

After the inside is done (including the floor mats), we wash it. You spray the wheels off, rinse the car, soap it and scrub #### out, spray it off, shami it, if the customer wants it, wax the car. They have some spray on waxes that work well and quickly.

Also, you can glass clean the outside windows.

If you want some product names, check out Awesome Orange, 3M adhesive remover, Glass Clean.

Both glass clean and awesome orange are made by i think car pro. I don't think you'll find it in stores, but it is sold online, you'll have to look hard, search on yahoo. The glass clean, you can buy 10 cans for $10 right now at advance auto parts.

I'm happy to have the cleaning skills i have now. My car looks like day 1, and it's an 89 ford probe. Send me a message if you have any questions.

Pics?
    A clean car is a sign of a dirty mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesnt really sound much like a detail to me. Vaccum and cleaning the entire car with a single product called "Awesome orange"...I'd be weary to even go there. Not even the Infinity and Audi dealership I used to work for when that low. I hope your post was a joke...

Post Thanks / Like

Interiors are somewhat easy to do. I hav many different products I use, some are boutique some are mass market chemicals. The exterior is where the boys become men. Spray wax for the most part is junk, only to be used on door jams.

Post Thanks / Like

If this is the mentality at many delaerships, we have only ourselves to blame if we are not swamped with customers. It's a huge indication that the public needs an easy way to understand the different available services with detailing. We really need to define the qualities of detailing vs. slathering a car with bucket of tire shine.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.