autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

I Used A Foam Cannon For The First Time

Howdy everyone. I am a DIY hobbiest. I enjoy cleaning vehicles for fun, therapy, a hobby. I am not doing this for a living or money. Here are my thoughts and opinions on my foam cannon experience. I noticed that it is trendy right now to use a foam cannon. When you look at YouTube videos it seems people are impressed at how much foam is covering the car. Well, duh....what would you expect....the device shoots soap. I really can see and understand the use for a foam cannon for a shop or mobile detailer. It is fast and gets the job done. In a business the equipment is set up and easy to deploy. However, as a DIY guy and hobbiest I am nit sold on it. The product is not a gimmick and yes it works great. It did not however make my truck any cleaner than my normal method. It was more work to set up and put away, noisier because of the gas pressure washer, and more tiring holding and controlling the extra weight. I am not saying it is bad, just not for me. I like to crank up the tunes, get in to my zone, and enjoy the experience. I do however see a big benifit to the foam cannon method. It is 35 outside, your truck is covered in road salt and mud. In that case it would be perfect as a touchless soak, wash, and rinse to get the salt off the truck. This is just my opinion. I prefer my foam gun on a water hose to the foam cannon on a pressure washer for my DIY use.

2. Thanks BillE thanked for this post
    Likes custmsprty, BillE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I Used A Foam Cannon For The First Time

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I have a foam cannon and used it on every wash for about 2 years. Then I got tired of wasting so much soap and haven't used it unless I'm doing a full decontamination wash before a detail. I don't miss it. Just rinse first with water then proceed to regular 2 bucket method.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I didn’t read anything. Here is why. Perhaps give this a read and use the info if you wish.

How to type in a way that other people will read what you write
    Jim

6. Likes vobro, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Makes perfect sense. Personally I rarely use on my own vehicles but almost always use on customers because they love seeing it and it sometimes generates interest from neighbors or people walking by. What I have found that helps is putting quick connects on everything. Makes hooking up and putting away much more efficient.

Super Member coles_paint_correction's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like using mine, the more you can get stationary stuff up on the wall the better ur experience will be
    I made my own and custom mounted it on the wall so I don't have to reel out the pressure washer and drag the hose every time.
    Simply quick disconnect and spray and put back on the wall, sometimes its not really necessary to do it but I like having the extra lubricity
    to avoid even more scratches. With the quick disconnects it really does make life easier too.