autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me achieve better results Meguiar’s wheel and tire cleaner and Meguiar’s APC

Quote Originally Posted by TrustJesus View Post
    Mike, set of brushes I have

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    I use the first one minus the handle to clean the faces of the wheel (soft side), does a good job on my wheels.

You need something that has more scrubbing power to clean the barrels of the wheels like the wheel Woolies or speed master...I tried to use the first one with the handle and it barely made a dent on the grime.

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me achieve better results Meguiar’s wheel and tire cleaner and Meguiar’s APC

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    ^^Ouchies. Those won’t even tickle my skin, but the first one might feel nice on it.
    FYI, I was trying to be funny last night while simultaneously losing my mind. Didn’t mean to sound obnoxious.

I also have a brush like your first one, but since coating wheels I only need a sponge and every few months I’ll use a Speedmaster to get the nook and cranny areas. It’s almost like you need a couple brushes for real dirty, nasty wheels and then once you get them cleaned and protected, the first brush or simple wash foam sponges are ample.

But I know you will be detailing others’ wheels which will probably mean dirtier jobs.

Post Thanks / Like

Help me achieve better results Meguiar’s wheel and tire cleaner and Meguiar’s APC

Hey Rob,
    No problem I knew you were just messing with me. I like the jokes keeps things laid back lol
    My goal in life is to love God, family and myself. To love others and treat others right.

4. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So are these the delicate black wheels we’re afraid to scratch? Well I think we’re a bit past the point of wearing white gloves when touching them. Lol.

I agree with the rest, you need some proper wheel brushes. The ones I use and recommend [even over the wheel woolies] are these. [The cool thing is you can bend them to scrub around spokes] I usually only bend the little brush.

Look, I use them on black wheels like yours No Problem!

IMO theres no other wheel brushes with the cleaning ability of these while still being safe against scratching.

Fill your wheel bucket with soap and you’re ready to go.

16 Inch & 11 Inch Wire Wheel Brushes

Post Thanks / Like

@Eldorado2K

Hey man, I’ll pick up the brushes. I’m make this work, great product.

Thanks for everyone’s response, stay safe and clean

My goal in life is to love God, family and myself. To love others and treat others right.

Post Thanks / Like

As always thanks Mike for your response, I appreciate you and everyone else.

Post Thanks / Like

@Eldorado2K

Hey man, I’ll pick up the brushes. I’m make this work, great product.

Thanks for everyone’s response, stay safe and clean

I’m not sure how much of “mechanic” you are, but the best way to get your wheels 100% clean and get ahead of the game for good is to do a wheels off detail on them.

This is if you absolutely want to scratch that itch and get them perfect. This is only if you’re comfortable and know how to use a floor jack to safely lift up your vehicle and remove the wheels.

Whatever works for you, as long as they’re clean enough to please you is all that matters. Just providing ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Help me achieve better results Meguiar’s wheel and tire cleaner and Meguiar’s APC

Oh 1 last thing: Use that wheel cleaner @ 2:1 instead of 1:1. Yes you heard that right, it may sound crazy but most of us agree it works better at 2:1 [2 parts water 1 part concentrate] vs. 1:1.

Post Thanks / Like

Ric,
    Funny you saying to take wheels off. I’m looking to buy a jack and taking them off. Thanks

11. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ric,
    Funny you saying to take wheels off. I’m looking to buy a jack and taking them off. Thanks
    There’s probably a jack in your trunk.

That’s what I use to go one wheel at a time because my garage is too small to house bigger/better things. But even when I take wheels off I’m usually replacing summer tires with winter or vice versa, so I end up with all wheels to clean at once anyways.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast