Hi All, I’ve been using my GG6 for many years now, on my own vehicles, relatives, and occasionally to make a couple bucks. I’m not doing this as a business.

With that said, I’ve been more apprehensive (or lazy) lately because I feel like the GG6 just takes so long to do a car. I’ve stuck with the 2’ x 2’ selections, 4-6 passes, good form, etc. I also break down a vehicle into parts where I need to step down to a 3” backing plate with a 4” pad just to make sure I keep the machine rotating with enough correcting power. (Pillars, narrow bumper sections, mirrors). I’ve always had great results, just a lot of time involved.

Will a Flex 3401 save me on time? I’ve read plenty with folks saying they’ve saved anywhere from 20-60% of time when doing a car. Obviously there’s the drive aspect which directly results in more correcting power. Also it seems that the Flex can handle 6.5” pads adequately where I feel the GG6 does all it can with 5.5 flat pads. This obviously appeals to me with larger panels such as my truck.

Am I going to see a big improvement moving up to the Flex 3401 or should I just continue to grind it out with the GG6 for the 5 cars a year I deal with?