autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wax over Sealant or?

Need some advise.
    Got a 2019 Jeep with graphite crystal metallic. When i can find the a day that is not 95+ out with the sun blaring im looking at doing protect session on it.
    Looking at doing a light 1 step correction possibly by hand due to will have to do this this at a local bay wash station and no electric available for a DA
    The question is do i put a layer of #845 down first then topped with beadmaker/turtle wax hybrid, or the other way.

Or do you have any other recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wax over Sealant or?

Quote Originally Posted by toofastgtp View Post
    Need some advise.
    Got a 2019 Jeep with graphite crystal metallic. When i can find the a day that is not 95+ out with the sun blaring im looking at doing protect session on it.
    Looking at doing a light 1 step correction possibly by hand due to will have to do this this at a local bay wash station and no electric available for a DA
    The question is do i put a layer of #845 down first then topped with beadmaker/turtle wax hybrid, or the other way.

Or do you have any other recommendations?
    First, if doing by hand just use a paint cleanser. No point in fooling your self hoping for correction. The cleanser will remove grime without you having to pretend that force will help.

845 topped with BM is fine but the BM is practically a gloss topper at that point unless you plan on re-applying regularly like during washes as drying aid to help with protecting the base 845?

If you plan using TW Hybrid ceramic in the equation, there’s not really enough data yet to know which order with Collinite. Trying either order is about equal without knowing. Depends where you live too. If it rains a lot, I might try TW on top. If it doesn’t rain and it is hot desert, I would do TW as the base as I think Collinite will become a shorter lived sacrificial layer in that climate (heat!).

If you haven’t bought products yet and you live where it’s 95deg all the time, try FK1000p or Gyeon Cancoat as the sacrificial layer.

If you already have Collinite and plan on using, but dont have the topper, I suggest TW Seal and Shine instead. Those two (845 and SNS) seem like a tough combo together and you won’t have to worry about ceramic not adhering to 845 wax.

Just some quick brain dumping above. There’s a thousand ways to do it and your climate likely helps or hurts many of the combos.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    First, if doing by hand just use a paint cleanser. No point in fooling your self hoping for correction. The cleanser will remove grime without you having to pretend that force will help.

If you haven’t bought products yet and you live where it’s 95deg all the time, try FK1000p or Gyeon Cancoat as the sacrificial layer.
    I haven't got anything yet. I live in Oklahoma so our climate can be one extreme to the other. Hot humid summers, massive down pours.

The paint has some very light spiderweb scratches. I have hand polished a few black cars with worse scratching and it made vast improvement. I may end up getting a harbor freight DA and use 3D Speed. But in the mean time i want to do a clay, and a decent protection that gives me some more shine until i can do a proper DA session.

4. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in SoCal where we also have lots of heat. I use Collinte 476 topped with Beadmaker and am real happy with results.

If it is right or wrong I don't know and I don't consider myself a knowledgeable detailer.. More like a rookie.

Here are some results.

This is a cloudy day today.
    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

6. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Get Wolf Gang Deep Gloss Paint sealant and top with any SOI2 product you like. I've tried them all but then you can top with 845 or Turtle Wax. WGDGPS is great on black cars, like mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toofastgtp View Post
    I haven't got anything yet. I live in Oklahoma so our climate can be one extreme to the other. Hot humid summers, massive down pours.

The paint has some very light spiderweb scratches. I have hand polished a few black cars with worse scratching and it made vast improvement. I may end up getting a harbor freight DA and use 3D Speed. But in the mean time i want to do a clay, and a decent protection that gives me some more shine until i can do a proper DA session.
    Ah, good. For Oklahoma, 845 (or 476, or DGPS per the other suggestions) should be fine as a base. Top with BM. Top with TW SNS. The only one I’m not sure of is TW Ceramic but u can try that as a topper too. Lots of options.

Post Thanks / Like

Try DG Aquawax over 476 for some great looking shine.

And the Aquawax outlasts Bead Maker roughly 2:1.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Thanks MAXBKS thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

(To the best of my knowledge)...Currently:
    “Wax over Sealant“ is considered to be the
    Best Practice standard when it comes to lay-
    ering these two different categories of LSPs.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti