autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which has better quality Mothers or Meguiars?

@Acuras82, how did mothers ceramic coat fail you? I believe a company can’t get better if we don’t speak voices.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrustJesus View Post
    @Acuras82, how did mothers ceramic coat fail you? I believe a company can’t get better if we don’t speak voices.
    Poor longevity was the big one. 4-5 weeks tops for me when it was hyped for 12 months longevity. Forrest, the Mother’s rep who has posted on this forum was well aware of the disappointment of many here, and he himself was disappointed with our accounts. He had stated they were looking into why the retail product was getting such different results than their lab testing, and they were looking how to correct it.

Nothing came from that as far as I’m aware. And if something had, I personally wouldn’t have cared due to the heavy hype, it was already a disappointment, and there’s tons of other choices in this genre. No need to have a 4 week Spray Sealant with mediocre performance that hardens towels.

Search for CMX articles from early-mid 2019 and you should find plenty about this. Voices have been heard.

3. Likes dwaleke, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I’m new here wasn’t aware. Do you have experience with Meguiars Hybrid ceramic liquid wax? I just applied it yesterday. How long is that supposed to last? To top it off it rained today.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I’m new here wasn’t aware. Do you have experience with Meguiars Hybrid ceramic liquid wax? I just applied it yesterday. How long is that supposed to last? To top it off it rained today.
    I don’t have experience with that, but it’s interested me. This is the thick liquid that applies like sealant, not the spray, correct?

I have used Megs Hybrid Ceramic Detailer, it’s awesome. There’s mixed results on Megs Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax, but mostly because of application I think. But those who like it seem to get great results, beading, longevity. So my mind says that Megs knows what they’re doing with their ceramic line. I’m interested to hear how the liquid wax works for you (or the spray wax if that’s what you meant).

Post Thanks / Like

@Acura it’s the liquid not the spray one. I like it, although I don’t even know how to tell when it’s needs replaced. It rained and the water beaded great, and it didn’t leave water spots after it dryed. How do you tell when the wax needs replacing other then spraying water on it?

Post Thanks / Like

@Acura it’s the liquid not the spray one. I like it, although I don’t even know how to tell when it’s needs replaced. It rained and the water beaded great, and it didn’t leave water spots after it dryed. How do you tell when the wax needs replacing other then spraying water on it?
    I think seeing the beading go away is the main way to know *something* needs to be done. A couple washes with a good soap like Reset or other glossless soaps could prove that the sealant is still there but was covered in gunk, or might confirm that it is simply degraded away. At this point you can feel the paint when clean. If it doesn’t feel slick anymore and feels almost rubbery or even squeaky clean, then the protection is all but gone. Generally though, if a product beads nice when applied, and stops beading nice even after washing a few times, then assume that the majority is degraded and re-apply.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man like I said I’m totally new. Depending on what you like it’s nice product, although it took me a while to apply by myself. I find that sprays is faster but I assume the liquid wax last longer. Either way, I like it and I would probably buy again.

9. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man like I said I’m totally new. Depending on what you like it’s nice product, although it took me a while to apply by myself. I find that sprays is faster but I assume the liquid wax last longer. Either way, I like it and I would probably buy again.
    Like Mike P always says: "Find something you like, and use it often."
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

both brands have quality products. it's just preference on what you prefer after trying out a product and seeing for yourself...

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    both brands have quality products. it's just preference on what you prefer after trying out a product and seeing for yourself...
    ^^^ Simply put, this is the answer. ^^^^
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast