autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone use glaze on a coated car?

Quote Originally Posted by HAMBO View Post
    Thanks! I have Essence Plus and tried it. It was ok, very minor improvement, but safe.

I have had better results on my non-coated car with other glazes, and was just wondering whether there is any reason not to use them on a coated car.

On Essence Plus, I have seen some detailers on YouTube use Essence Plus and say it can better hide or even correct minor swirls when used with a more aggressive pad (like AIO pads or MF pads) rather than the very soft Gloss Pad CarPro suggests to use with Essence Plus (which is what I have been using). I assume though, that if you use a more aggressive pad and achieve any real correction, you are still polishing off the coating? Seems like that might defeat the purpose.

Thanks!
    Be careful who you listen to on those YouTube channels. I won’t mention any names but one popular YouTube claims IGL F4 renew removes defects while the manufacturer claims otherwise as it’s a non-abrasive formula.

As you stated it’s the pad doing the removal.

Even though I am not a fan of Reload it does a god job filling defects. See post 5 in this thread.

Mini Review - CarPro Essence Plius

2. Thanks HAMBO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    If I had a show car I'd not coat it, I'd keep it sealed/waxed. You can't get the same amazing look from a wax with any coating. Coatings are great for daily driven cars as they protect better and make it easier to clean but for a garage queen I think a wax is the way to go, just looks better. The other advantage is that if you have swirls on some panels, you can just polish them and then wax again.

I also had mediocre results with Essence+, it didn't really improve the flaws but it really impacted the coating's performance on the panel I used it on. After that, I learned to accept some flaws until it was time to polish and coat again.
    Yep. I like the gloss that comes with the coating, but next time around once it wears off I probably won't re-coat it. Nice wax and/or sealant should do the trick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    The only 2 "real" glazes I know of are the Meguair's #7 Show Car Glaze and 3M Imperial Hand Glaze.

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax is an example of a non-cleaning finishing wax.
    Thanks Mike! Would you have any hesitation using these on a coating then? Sounds like not.

Mike Phillips

No hesitation whatsoever

6. Thanks HAMBO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hambo, if I made add.... If you can find Prima Banana Gloss, I know it will fill swirls over a coated car extremely well(it can fill some canyons in). It’s super easy to use. As a stand alone wax, it doesn’t last long but in your situation it would be ideal.
    Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12