Just bought a car [new to detailing], and the dealer must have used some cheap interior dressing that left this nasty whitish film over all the black interior plastics and vinyl. I'm never seen something like it - you can run your fingers and it literally smears around? The worst is the passenger dash area, but I wanted to be safe, so I first tried some Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer Cleaner with a microfiber cloth. It literally did nothing on the worst areas, and hardly anything on the other areas. The film just smeared around and left little white specs. What a disappointing product.

Next I tried some diluted dish soap and water, scrubbing with a towel...maybe I went too diluted, but it didn't help much either. Finally I said F-it, and used a soft dish scrubber pad and some diluted Fantastik household APC, not letting it sit long, scrubbing a bit. This helped the most, but this greasy film is still present over lots of the interior.

Could you suggest a safe, but strong automotive cleaner and method that could remove this film?