autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which sealant?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which sealant?

Quote Originally Posted by tcope View Post
    I'd say something but Paulmys is stealing all of my thoughts/comments!

Opinion time... ceramic waxes work... but IMHO they are more marketing hype then anything else. They don't work any better than 95% of the stuff already on the market. It is just "new". I also think Wolfgang Deep Gloss is the best sealer that I've used (I've tried a _lot_). I have two cars, use it a lot and still have the same bottle from a couple of years ago (thanks to Mike telling me to shake it like my life depended on it). It goes on _super_ thin. Apply it so that you almost cannot tell anything is on the paint. Any more and you are just wasting product.

I also apply wax/sealers by hand. I understand why some people, especially professionals, apply with a machine but I can coat a door in about 20 seconds by hand. I don't think I'd save much time getting out a machine to apply it.
    Thanks dude, yeah i'm not 100% sold on the spray on sealants. I'm pretty confident i will go with Wolfgang Deep Gloss and then ontop of that use a Meguires Ceramix Hybrid Wax / Ceramic Detailer just to upkeep the sealant and try help its longevity etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang is a great product and you will not regret the extra money you spend on it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Wolfgang safe to go over black plastics on the outside of the car / headlights? Or will it discolour them etc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogga85 View Post
    Is Wolfgang safe to go over black plastics on the outside of the car / headlights? Or will it discolour them etc
    Avoid getting it on the black plastic trim. If you do and remove it immediately, you might be OK, but otherwise you'll be in for the dreaded white haze that is tough (but not impossible) to get off. Some wax remover products work, others not so much. Safest bet is to tape things off first.

You are OK to use it on your headlights.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    Avoid getting it on the black plastic trim. If you do and remove it immediately, you might be OK, but otherwise you'll be in for the dread white haze that is tough (but not impossible) to get off. Some wax remover products work, others not so much. Safest bet is to tape things off first.

You are OK to use it on your headlights.
    ^^This^^
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    ^^This^^
    Hmmm...did my car this past weekend and I did notice some white haziness on the door seals between the front and rear doors today, I’ll hit it with BF Wax Remover this weekend, hoping for the best! Ill post pics of the work on the car this weekend, crazy work week.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys much appreciated. Anything good for the black plastic external bits for protection? And is there such thing as a UV protectant for interior dash?

8. Likes Wavyshot liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey mate, congrats on the new ride! Sounds like you've got a solid plan for keeping it looking pristine. Regarding sealants, I've heard good things about 3D Poxy but have yet to personally use it. Meguires NXT is a solid choice, but Wolfgang is a premium option if you're looking for something that'll really go the distance. It all depends on your budget and how much you're willing to spend on protection. Have you considered checking out https://www.scrooz.com.au/? They have a great selection of sealants and other detailing supplies at competitive prices. I wish you the best of luck and all the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichardSmithe View Post
    Hey mate, congrats on the new ride! Sounds like you've got a solid plan for keeping it looking pristine. Regarding sealants, I've heard good things about 3D Poxy but have yet to personally use it.
    Spam in …… 3………2……….1………

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

No love for Jescar Power Lock? Oh, and Power Lock will not stain trim.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast