autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for AIO recco for fiberglass travel trailer

Looking for AIO reconditioning product for fiberglass travel trailer

Hi, new guy here with a new polisher and a couple questions. I inadvertently posted this in another forum, sorry for double post. I have a large 30’ travel trailer that I would like to clean up and protect. Primarily fiberglass, mild oxidation but not too bad. I did this a couple of years ago with meg 67 and tech wax with a cordless drill DA and it was a nightmare. Took forever and I found the compound very difficult to remove. Part of my issue is the weather and the inability to be in complete shade. It’s too large to get under cover so I am at the mercy of weather / time of day.

this time I will be using a flex 3401. I have lake country orange force hybrid 5.5 pads. Given that I will be at least partially in the sun can anyone recommend a good aio? I am leaning towards optimum gps. Haven’t heard much about the black fire aio in terms of working on a warm surface but the optimum seems to have good reviews in that regard. Poor boys?

Mike Phillips

Re: Looking for AIO recco for fiberglass travel trailer

Quote Originally Posted by HouTX View Post

Haven’t heard much about the black fire aio in terms of working on a warm surface but the optimum seems to have good reviews in that regard.

I have a past student of my 3-day Detailing Bootcamp Class. His name is Wilfredo. He's not much on getting on computers plus he's really busy detailing high-end RVs.

Last year he cleared 1 million dollars with his RV detailing business. For the last few years he's done the majority of his RV detailing in Fort Lauderdale , Florida and most of it outside. It's hot there. And usually a tick on the humid side too.

He buys BLACKFIRE One Step by the gallons.

It will work or "buff" as good as anything and wipe-off will be super easy.

If you trust me on this, and if for any reason you're not happy, I'll have Customer Care refund your money or send you any other product.

Once you use this you'll say,

That guy was right

Also my go-to product for most of my production detailing and I mostly use the BEAST.

Be sure to do a TEST SPOT with any cutting pad and make sure the PAD is not leaving any micro-marring. IF so, switch to a foam "polishing" process.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, will give the blackfire a try!

Post Thanks / Like

How can you miss with an offer like that!

Post Thanks / Like

Can blackfire be worked in sunlight?

Here's my AIO experience. Product is no longer sold here, but I was happy. Now for something different (Travel Trailer Detail)

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post

Can blackfire be worked in sunlight?

You bet!

Did you READ what I wrote about my buddy Wilfredo clearing a million dollars buffing out high end RVs in FULL SUN!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I have a past student of my 3-day Detailing Bootcamp Class. His name is Wilfredo. He's not much on getting on computers plus he's really busy detailing high-end RVs.

Last year he cleared 1 million dollars with his RV detailing business. For the last few years he's done the majority of his RV detailing in Fort Lauderdale , Florida and most of it outside. It's hot there. And usually a tick on the humid side too.

He buys BLACKFIRE One Step by the gallons.

It will work or "buff" as good as anything and wipe-off will be super easy.

If you trust me on this, and if for any reason you're not happy, I'll have Customer Care refund your money or send you any other product.

Once you use this you'll say,

That guy was right

Also my go-to product for most of my production detailing and I mostly use the BEAST.

Be sure to do a TEST SPOT with any cutting pad and make sure the PAD is not leaving any micro-marring. IF so, switch to a foam "polishing" process.

Mike is the BF good on any fiberglass? I'm specifically getting at for a boat... which I guess is gelcoat in most cases.

While we are at it, what is it that differs from auto and marine/RV products?

Thanks

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Whipped500 View Post

Mike is the BF good on any fiberglass? I'm specifically getting at for a boat... which I guess is gel-coat in most cases.
    And I would use the BF One Step in most cases as long as the oxidation is not to DEEP or severe. Just use a more aggressive pad to get more cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Whipped500 View Post

While we are at it, what is it that differs from auto and marine/RV products?

Thanks

That's a CAN OF WORMS.

I'd say from experience, most companies that sell product for Marine and RV use DON'T do a good job of educating their customers on their products and the HUGE differences between working on,

Gel-coat RVS
    High-end PAINTED RVs

Gel-coat boats
    Painted boats

And if you use the wrong product on the wrong type of surface/material you can either do nothing or really screw it up.

In a nutshell - usually MARINE product, meant for gel-coat are a LOT more aggressive than any product meant to be used on paint. Be the paint be on a car or an RV.

Most of your high-end RVs have very expensive basecoat/clearcoat paint jobs and a lot of Marine products like compounds, polishes and AIO's would be too aggressive.

Good question. It's real important that anyone detailing cars, boats and RVs FIRST find out what the heck they are working on and by this I mean - what is the surface material.

Then READ and make sure the product or products you're planning on using are safe for that material.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    And I would use the BF One Step in most cases as long as the oxidation is not to DEEP or severe. Just use a more aggressive pad to get more cut.

That's a CAN OF WORMS.

I'd say from experience, most companies that sell product for Marine and RV use DON'T do a good job of educating their customers on their products and the HUGE differences between working on,

Gel-coat RVS
    High-end PAINTED RVs

Gel-coat boats
    Painted boats

And if you use the wrong product on the wrong type of surface/material you can either do nothing or really screw it up.

In a nutshell - usually MARINE product, meant for gel-coat are a LOT more aggressive than any product meant to be used on paint. Be the paint be on a car or an RV.

Most of your high-end RVs have very expensive basecoat/clearcoat paint jobs and a lot of Marine products like compounds, polishes and AIO's would be too aggressive.

Good question. It's real important that anyone detailing cars, boats and RVs FIRST find out what the heck they are working on and by this I mean - what is the surface material.

Then READ and make sure the product or products you're planning on using are safe for that material.

Thanks! That's what I thought...but I also thought that marine/RV LSP's were more robust to last longer because of the harsh environment they are usually in.

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire One Step = The "Frank's Red Hot Sauce" of Car Detailing

Use that #@!% on everything !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast