autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question - Blackfire BlackICE Liquid Hybrid Wax on a 2017 white Honda Pilot

Hi all - I have been studying the forum and watching the how-tos for a while now and am ready to make my first post.

I love having clean, detailed cars and am ready to make the journey from novice, hand waxing to machine polishing and waxing. I'd like to make my wife's 2017 white Honda Pilot look new again - nothing major wrong.....just three years of drive thru car washes, hand washes and normal wear and tear. Here is the plan of attack (for the next nice weekend):

Wash and dry
    Clay the car
    Apply Blackfire OneStep using white Lake Country white thin pads (I have a couple orange pads, just in case) with my new Porter Cable DA
    Apply Blackfire BlackICE Liquid Hybrid Wax as the topper with a Lake Country thin red pad

Will I get good results with the BlackICE Liquid Hybrid Wax on a white car? I've seen pictures of red cars, blue cars and black cars with the BlackICE - they all look excellent - and I read a couple things that it is meant for darker cars. So, now I am curious if I should really get something else.

PS - I already have these products for my new black GMC Sierra AT4, but the Pilot is in more need of a good detailing.

One other question, I have never used a spray wax before, but wanted something to use in between machine waxes, so I picked up Blackfire Carnauba Spray Wax - can you put this overtop of the BlackICE Liquid Wax to bring back shine, or will those two not mix?

Thanks again for your help - I have enjoyed reading and learning from all you experts.

-Adam

Mike Phillips

Re: Question - Blackfire BlackICE Liquid Hybrid Wax on a 2017 white Honda Pilot

Hi Adam,

I just now found your thread in the Moderator's Queue and approved it.

Just in case you were wondering.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by waddell64 View Post

Hi all - I have been studying the forum and watching the how-tos for a while now and am ready to make my first post.

I love having clean, detailed cars and am ready to make the journey from novice, hand waxing to machine polishing and waxing. I'd like to make my wife's 2017 white Honda Pilot look new again - nothing major wrong.....just three years of drive thru car washes, hand washes and normal wear and tear. Here is the plan of attack (for the next nice weekend):

Wash and dry
    Clay the car
    Apply Blackfire OneStep using white Lake Country white thin pads (I have a couple orange pads, just in case) with my new Porter Cable DA
    Apply Blackfire BlackICE Liquid Hybrid Wax as the topper with a Lake Country thin red pad
    Great process and combo.

Will I get good results with the BlackICE Liquid Hybrid Wax on a white car? I've seen pictures of red cars, blue cars and black cars with the BlackICE - they all look excellent - and I read a couple things that it is meant for darker cars. So, now I am curious if I should really get something else.
    You WILL get just as good of results on a white car and any color of car. Remember - you're working on a CLEAR layer of paint, not the actual color. So the results you see on black are the results you'll see on white EXCEPT it's the characteristic of white paint to not show reflections, like a mirror, that black and dark colored cars show.

Sometimes you'll see people post great reflection shots IN white paint. If you pay attention, it's the LIGHTING or lack thereof that makes the difference to capture a reflection shot in white paint. Usually these shots are taken in a garage or in shade outside or when the sun is low in the sky at morning or evening.

It's just the nature of white and light colored paint.

PS - I already have these products for my new black GMC Sierra AT4, but the Pilot is in more need of a good detailing.

One other question, I have never used a spray wax before, but wanted something to use in between machine waxes, so I picked up Blackfire Carnauba Spray Wax - can you put this overtop of the BlackICE Liquid Wax to bring back shine, or will those two not mix?
    Yes you can use it over the BlackIce. Just be sure the car is clean first as a spray wax is not the same as a spray detailer.

Thanks again for your help - I have enjoyed reading and learning from all you experts.

-Adam

And because this is your first post to our forum....

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Mike. I appreciate the feedback and looking forward to more learning from the experts.