autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

ckquartz uk 3.0 suede?

I have everything to try and do my first ceramic coating on my daily this weekend or so I thought. Car is a 2017 outback. Will the patches that came with the 50 mL kit be enough to do 2 coats on the car? Or do I need to order more and hold off till they come in. Shipping sucks latley so cant find how to get some extras here before the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ckquartz uk 3.0 suede?

Quote Originally Posted by mixdemotionsfox View Post
    I have everything to try and do my first ceramic coating on my daily this weekend or so I thought. Car is a 2017 outback. Will the patches that came with the 50 mL kit be enough to do 2 coats on the car? Or do I need to order more and hold off till they come in. Shipping sucks latley so cant find how to get some extras here before the weekend.
    The kit comes with 4 suede applicators. You can also use a micro fiber applicator.

Post Thanks / Like

I just did a 2017 Outback this weekend. I just looked at the used 4 x 4s. I used 3 for the first coat and 2 for the second. Maybe 2 for Gliss.
    So yeah, you can make it work.

If you have enough low piles to level and smooth, you could cut the the 16 x 16 for more applicators.
    If you use the 16 x 16 to level keep an eye on where it goes as it will load up and push the coating to adjoining areas if not super careful. Actually 1, 16 x 16 microsuede isn't enough for 2 coats (leveling), at least in my book.

Do you have plenty of micro fiber towels?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have boxes of them. Im good on the towel part. Just wanted to make sure the suede in the box was enough. Read lerking on some other forums and just wanted to make sure It would be enough

Post Thanks / Like

I believe there is a 16 x 16 or 8 x 8 suede towel included in the box besides the 4 applicators. Don’t use it for leveling. Instead save it and cut it to make multiple suede 4x4 applicators.

6. Likes Bruno Soares, Bobh59 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll be fine. I typically use two applicators per layer for a sedan like that. Flip and rotate them then once half way done, put on a new one.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I believe there is a 16 x 16 or 8 x 8 suede towel included in the box besides the 4 applicators. Don’t use it for leveling. Instead save it and cut it to make multiple suede 4x4 applicators.
    That is what I would do too. I was able to do one coat on a Toyota Highlander with just the provided applicators (I think I used three), but if I'd run out the towel would have been next. It's not really good for anything else.

I've held on to the left over towels from each time I've done a CQuartz application. I've now got enough applicators for several more coating applications.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

9. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys