autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Menzerna Confusion

I could use some input about the different Menzerna polishes. I used to use swear by their products but with all the names changes I'm a bit lost. Would love to hear some recommendations for their best 1-2 punch (medium and finish polish). Will be working mostly on my dark 2003 BMW. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna Confusion

menzerna aka jescar really screwed themselves with all the branding stuff in my opinion. Somewhere out there is a table that shows it all.

Powerlock is the least confusing and still mine and many other's go by for a great LSP.

I've always polished with SF-3500, now called superfinish Menzerna Nano Polish PO 106 FA, Menzerna Final Polish, Nano abrasives, finishing polish, professional polish

and for the tough spots, FG400, now called heavy cut with an orange or yellow pad is still good Menzerna Fast Gloss Compound, Fast Gloss 400, FG400 compound
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Finishing polish = SF-3500 or SF-3800 (polishing pad or finishing pad)
    Medium polish = SF-3500 (just use a more aggressive pad)
    Medium-High polish = MC-2500

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    menzerna aka jescar really screwed themselves with all the branding stuff in my opinion. Somewhere out there is a table that shows it all.
    This is very true, and I would hope that someone in their marketing department reads this:

When I first lurked on AGO, I read TONS of info. As a newbie, the most confusing part was which polish/pad combo, and then I started watching Mike's vids, and asking around.

I read through just about all manufacturers product lines, descriptions, reviews, etc. to the point of insanity almost.

The only line of products I could never make any sense of was Menzerna. Even after reading that ridiculous (to me) chart. Remember, this was back in 2013.

Bottom line is, I went with other products based on their easily understandable progressions and/or descriptions, and found what works for me.

Hell, Griot's makes it even easier today with their descriptions AND putting the pad color to be used right on the bottle for beginners.

After years on the forum, I now know what great products Menzerna/Jescar have, but their marketing (linear product use descriptions) are horrible.

Had they of been easier to follow, they might of made a life-long customer of me, who knows?

JMO
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Likes Belo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dark BMW??
    Yeah, HC400 tapered with orange or white LC pad(or similar) and I would go 3800 with white for the finish sparkle. That's just me and not knowing what's up with the paint.

Or skip the 2 and just do 3500.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help!

8. Thanks Stittville Ed thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're like me a bottle of polish lasts a LONG time. I've got 5 y/o bottles of SI1500 and SF4500 that will probably last another 3 years before it's all gone and when I refer to them in threads I don't remember offhand what the cross references are. The rebranding was an unnecessary exercise IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gofast182 View Post
    If you're like me a bottle of polish lasts a LONG time. I've got 5 y/o bottles of SI1500 and SF4500 that will probably last another 3 years before it's all gone and when I refer to them in threads I don't remember offhand what the cross references are. The rebranding was an unnecessary exercise IMO.
    same. Still on my original bottles of fg400, sf3500 and powerlock. But I haven't always done an annual and I'm using them on a sedan. I want to say 3, maybe 4 applications now? I probably need a new bottle of powerlock at least.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post

Powerlock is the least confusing and still mine and many other's go by for a great LSP.

I've always polished with SF-3500, now called superfinish Menzerna Nano Polish PO 106 FA, Menzerna Final Polish, Nano abrasives, finishing polish, professional polish

and for the tough spots, FG400, now called heavy cut with an orange or yellow pad is still good Menzerna Fast Gloss Compound, Fast Gloss 400, FG400 compound
    I still have a bottle of 106 FA (now SF-3500 or 3800), jewels a BMW finish like nothing else I've found.