autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: McKee's 360

Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 360

I polished off the back roof, which isn’t a huge area (‘panoramic’ moonroof on this car), but should be plenty sufficient to keep even Eldo content.

Same process as front roof driver’s side:
    GG6, Pinnacle Compound, hand wipe with prep polish (totally unnecessary), LC white pad for 360. I did drivers side on speed 4.5 (more aggressive) and passenger side with speed 3 (more sealant friendly). Not sure it’ll make a difference but we’ll see.

McKee's 360-img_2916-jpg
    McKee's 360-adjustments-jpg
    McKee's 360-img_2919-jpg

I’ll have this in the garage sometimes, outside sometimes. If/when it’s outside it’s going to accumulate heavy pollen until first wash in 2 weeks. I’ll try to avoid rain, but no guarantee if my wife needs the car. If it gets rain, it represents the northeast spring experience.

2. Likes DetailZeus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 360

i'd add to my post above where I saw 3-6 with normal maintenance that these vehicles live outdoors. no garage queens. I do wonder if this is an anomaly or a regional thing. Also both got a 10 minute paint sealant or spray wax extender at the 1 and 3 month marks or so, but they were still beading well past what eldo saw before that.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

If I wanted to speed up the process of removing what is left of 360/Hydro on my car without polishing it, is there a way to do that by washing it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    If I wanted to speed up the process of removing what is left of 360/Hydro on my car without polishing it, is there a way to do that by washing it?
    If you had coating prep wash it would help but not guaranteed. Poorboys has a wax stripper spray. You could add APC or other strong cleaners that are paint safe to a wash soap.

None of these are guaranteed to remove a strong LSP. You would want try to confirm they were stripped after by water test or feeling it or whatever other method I’m not mentioning.

6. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

360 was applied 4/18 and washed 5/16 with Adams blue. Vehicle is a dd in the midwest, garaged at night, and driven in rain and shine. The pics are post wash taken immediately after rinse.

I want to note that most of the water continued to sheet off in the few seconds after I took the pics. Also I didn’t have much trouble blasting this bird bomb off and I didn’t notice any etching.

The roof is a better example of what it looks like with the water sheeted off. A little underwhelming with expectations that it would last months but not a complete fail. My guess is I could get a few more weeks to a month out of it. That being said I topped it with hi-def since I had the time so this test is done.

8. Thanks acuRAS82, CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had very similar results to DetailZeus.

I'm thoroughly disappointed with McKee's 360 and their soap. I did a wash today and followed up with Hydro Blue, the only product I'm liking from them at this point. Their soap I don't like at all so I switched back to Maguiar's.

All week I had a quarter size area of bird droppings. I didn't get to it in time and ended up forgetting about it. After the wash, I noticed etching in the paint where the bird droppings were. I was not able to get it out. The McKee's 360 appeared to offer little to no protection.

In terms of water beading, this is the most disappointing stuff I've ever used. It also has poor durability. Hydro only lasts a few weeks and once that is done, I'm moving on to something else. Turtle Wax Seal N Shine was far more durable.

Post Thanks / Like

I had very similar results to DetailZeus.

I'm thoroughly disappointed with McKee's 360 and their soap. I did a wash today and followed up with Hydro Blue, the only product I'm liking from them at this point. Their soap I don't like at all so I switched back to Maguiar's.
    All week I had a quarter size area of bird droppings. I didn't get to it in time and ended up forgetting about it. After the wash, I noticed etching in the paint where the bird droppings were. I was not able to get it out. The McKee's 360 appeared to offer little to no protection.

In terms of water beading, this is the most disappointing stuff I've ever used. It also has poor durability. Hydro only lasts a few weeks and once that is done, I'm moving on to something else. Turtle Wax Seal N Shine was far more durable.

NJNinja, are you in Jersey? Have you used traditional sealants before? How does 360 beading compare to those within the first few weeks?

Maybe there’s some crazy acid rain going around the northeast lately, or more likely, maybe certain wash soaps really take the life out of LSPs. Remind me what M37 soap you were using that has failed your expectations?

I’m running a side test to see how bad my ‘glossless’ soap of choice is at eating LSPs and it’s looking pretty grim. Four Star Professional Series Auto Wash. I should have known not to use this on my test panels because their professional stuff is geared for use in body shops. The label says it’s safe for wax/sealants but so far the only thing that survives without looking crappier afterwards are my glass and wheel coatings, and Cancoat. It doesn’t strip non-coatings all the way at first, but degrades the water beading and sheeting.

Anyways, as I, myself have been seeing poor results on almost everything I use this spring, I invested in good glossless wash soaps (Reset and Hyperwash) and a good panel prep so I can hopefully eliminate variables that are causing poor performance. I have yet to touch my 360 roof test, and will only touch with Hyperwash in 2 weeks to compare to yours and Eldo’s results.

11. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in NJ. The only other sealant I've used is Turtle Wax Seal N Shine. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to detailing products and processes. My car had a correction, then 360 applied. Water beading has been extremely poor and it only improves once I wash the car and hit it with Hydro. However, the car looks great and I attribute that to the good correction that was done to the paint. Once the 360 is worn off, I'm moving on to something else.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in NJ. The only other sealant I've used is Turtle Wax Seal N Shine. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to detailing products and processes. My car had a correction, then 360 applied. Water beading has been extremely poor and it only improves once I wash the car and hit it with Hydro. However, the car looks great and I attribute that to the good correction that was done to the paint. Once the 360 is worn off, I'm moving on to something else.
    Maybe 360 is worn off if it looks like the beading is gone. I’m trying to figure out if your 360 beading is gone or if you just aren’t used to Sealant beading.

Which soap do you use?

14. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Maybe 360 is worn off if it looks like the beading is gone. I’m trying to figure out if your 360 beading is gone or if you just aren’t used to Sealant beading.

Which soap do you use?
    Hmm maybe you're right. I didn't know there was a difference. I'm using their Ceramic Auto Wash soap.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast