autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: McKee's 360

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 360

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I'll have to take some pictures. My car was polished then 360 applied. The water beading was poor after a week or two. The car looks good, so I'm not sure what exactly that means. Is water beading what you're ultimately looking for? If so, this product has failed miserably. I've been washing and topping with Hydro Blue.

Turtle Wax SNS was far more durable. Night and day.
    If you rub the area that only had 360 with your finger (when paint is clean), does it feel slick in any way or does it make a squeaky clean sound easily?

Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 360

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’d love to see many more tests.. The only requirements are that the AIO be used as a stand-alone, meaning no toppers, no drying aids, no wax & wax soaps, no wipedowns in between bucket washes and the 1st wash should come no sooner than 2 weeks like mine did.

No beading from spray bottles, show us the hose nozzle. No garage queens.McKee's 360
    Will do. I applied over what is 5 month old Cancoat with an LC orange pad on DA speed 4. I figure that should easily remove the underneath coat. No gloss enhancers, wipedowns, etc. I’ll avoid washing for 2 weeks but can’t guarantee it won’t get wet before then. When I do wash it will be with Hyper Wash.

McKee's 360-img_2909-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I'll have to take some pictures. My car was polished then 360 applied. The water beading was poor after a week or two. The car looks good, so I'm not sure what exactly that means. Is water beading what you're ultimately looking for? If so, this product has failed miserably. I've been washing and topping with Hydro Blue.

Turtle Wax SNS was far more durable. Night and day.
    Water beading is definitely a good indicator... However I’ve come to notice that some products lately have really jumped on that bandwagon and have somehow raised the volume in terms of beading while failing to provide any form of real protection in other areas, mainly from bonded contaminants. That’s the main reason I’m not a fan of coatings.
    What good is water beading if your paint isn’t completely smooth while you’re wiping your car down?

I haven’t tested any of those new TW products, but yea generally speaking good water beading should be a good indicator, but don’t believe its really protecting unless it can also pass a baggie test throughout.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping to do a wash some time this week and will report back. We're not allowed to have more than one day of sun in a row anymore around here apparently, so it will be dependent on the weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Will do. I applied over what is 5 month old Cancoat with an LC orange pad on DA speed 4. I figure that should easily remove the underneath coat. No gloss enhancers, wipedowns, etc. I’ll avoid washing for 2 weeks but can’t guarantee it won’t get wet before then. When I do wash it will be with Hyper Wash.

McKee's 360-img_2909-jpg
    When did you apply that? McKee’s 360?
    What was the Cancoats water behavior like at the 5 month mark?

Post Thanks / Like

Water beading is definitely a good indicator... However I’ve come to notice that some products lately have really jumped on that bandwagon and have somehow raised the volume in terms of beading while failing to provide any form of real protection in other areas, mainly from bonded contaminants. That’s the main reason I’m not a fan of coatings.
    What good is water beading if your paint isn’t completely smooth while you’re wiping your car down?
    In your area it may be easy to check products versus stuck on contamination, but where I live I barely need to iron-x or clay once a year (but I do so to be thorough). In the northeast my main indicator of protection is resistance to etching from water droplets and bugs/bird poo... even though the latter may be impossible if you leave it for too long.

7. Likes Belo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When did you apply that? McKee’s 360?
    What was the Cancoats water behavior like at the 5 month mark?
    I applied 15 mins ago. CanCoat behavior is still excellent. If you question the bareness of my surface I can prep polish it, make sure it’s bare and reapply 360.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I applied 15 mins ago. CanCoat behavior is still excellent. If you question the bareness of my surface I can prep polish it, make sure it’s bare and reapply 360.
    Did you polish just the roof?

Post Thanks / Like

Did you polish just the roof?
    Yes, just the driver’s side front roof. The rest remains CanCoat

Post Thanks / Like

Do the hood, that way you have a proper sized test panel to show the water behavior. And due to the longevity of Cancoat I think a paint prep polish should take place, along with a quik water test afterwards to make sure the paint is bare.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast