autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: McKee's 360

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 360

How long do I have to wait before I can apply a different sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    How long do I have to wait before I can apply a different sealant?
    7-10 days or after the 1st wash.

On my previous car I polished with HD Speed and started applying Beadmaker after the 1st wash which came about 7-10 days after polishing and I could clearly tell the beading was beginning to go limp at that point.

3. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    7-10 days or after the 1st wash.

On my previous car I polished with HD Speed and started applying Beadmaker after the 1st wash which came about 7-10 days after polishing and I could clearly tell the beading was beginning to go limp at that point.
    Do I need to do any prep though first (polish?) or can I just apply a sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    Do I need to do any prep though first (polish?) or can I just apply a sealant?
    No prep needed because there’s basically nothing left on the surface to interfere with what you’ll be laying down.

If you were to top an AIO immediately after applying it then that’s a different story, but after 7-14 days it’s a non factor unless you were applying something like a dedicated coating.

6. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you I appreciate it. I've been using Hydro Blue on top of the 360 so maybe I'll wait a month or so.

Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 360

Just for kicks & giggles I applied a quik spray & wipe of Beadmaker on the 360 side after the test was done... Here’s a before shot.
    [yes, I applied it on the wet panel as a drying aid]

Spray with the hose nozzle, Immediately after wiping down. No cure time.

Already worlds difference compared to the 360 AIO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    All this work and it’ll fail in only a few weeks jk jk but I know your area seems quite harsh on LSP’s Ric!

Looking forward to this though!
    Haha called this happening 2 weeks ago, wishing I was wrong..

It’s quite odd, I feel I’ve seen many people saying/claiming AIO’s lasting around 1-3 months generally , or in Eldorado2k’s case, just weeks with multiple products. Then some as much as 6 months(360,D166, One Step) and that’s not just manufacturer claims. Now clearly being in the 1% as we AG’ers are when it comes to car care, we will maintain our vehicles and therefore our LSP’s to a level regular folk never will.

Is this where we are getting our long lasting claims from? Constant maintenance and toppers... If so are the 3-6 month group experiencing the benefits of the topper(I think this is generally confirmed by now) and without them they’d be done around 1-2 months at best?

Are we actually better off using a polish(whether light or medium cut as some AIO’s can be) and then do a simple spray and wipe sealant? I use a spray sealant as an example and not a liquid or paste, because they’re quick and easy to use just as an AIO is. I think they’ve also been shown to last around 3 months and some can go closer to 6(again noted by users and not manufacturers.)

I imagine that process wouldn’t add much to the time of the overall detail as some members are using the spray sealant to remove the polish. Cruz, of Cruz’sCarWash(I hope that’s his AG name) does this exact thing and says he gets very good results(proven in his pics/posts) and durability. I think something substantial like PNS or Megs Ultimate Fast Finish was what he used and not a spray wax.

Does anybody know of any AIO that has actually stood up around 3 months with only maintenance being a simple wash and gloss routine?(shampoo and detail spray drying aid) Maybe even just general washes?(shampoo, nothing else, minimal or no gloss enhancers or waxes in shampoo).

The only product I can think of that I’ve used before I got deep into the whole detailing and topper regiments would be Duragloss 501/601. If I remember correctly it stood up to a Chicago winter with very minimal maintenance as it’s quite hard to do when the temps don’t break from below freezing for weeks at a time.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

Say it ain’t so, Eldo. I’m doing my own test later today. Maybe it’s regional.

11. Likes DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d love to see many more tests.. The only requirements are that the AIO be used as a stand-alone, meaning no toppers, no drying aids, no wax & wax soaps, no wipedowns in between bucket washes and the 1st wash should come no sooner than 2 weeks like mine did.

No beading from spray bottles, show us the hose nozzle. No garage queens.McKee's 360

13. Likes DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to take some pictures. My car was polished then 360 applied. The water beading was poor after a week or two. The car looks good, so I'm not sure what exactly that means. Is water beading what you're ultimately looking for? If so, this product has failed miserably. I've been washing and topping with Hydro Blue.

Turtle Wax SNS was far more durable. Night and day.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast