autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: McKee's 360

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 360

I've been using Hydro Blue after each wash. The beading is poor and I experienced yet more etching from bird droppings that were there for 2 days. (having a hard time removing it) Not impressed at all with McKee's. I even use their soap.

These pics are 2 weeks after a wash, give or take a few days. This is the least durable product I've used. TWSNS had superior durability. Same conditions. Possibly worse conditions.

McKee's 360-img_7833-2-jpg

McKee's 360-img_7773-2-jpg

McKee's 360-img_7458-2-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikem3574 View Post
    What is your process before laying down your base sealent or wax (every 3 months). I noticed you had said that you dont polish prior. Do you do anything particular prior, or just lay it down over the maintenance waxes? *****im still trying to figure out how to "quote" only portions of someones post. Not sure if its possible using the mobile tapatalk app i use.....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    That’s correct, no prep needed, just a simple bucket wash & dry and apply a new layer of sealant over the maintenance wax [Beadmaker]
    Contrary to popular belief, The same can be done with just about every sealant or wax. IMO the “need” for an IPA wipe of any sort of special prep before applying a new lsp is an old wives tale... The real important thing is to ensure the surface is free of any bonded contaminants.

As far as quoting just a portion of someones post via Tapatalk: Yes it’s very easy, all you have to do is “edit” the quote, but make sure to leave the beginning and end of the quote in tact so that it posts correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That’s correct, no prep needed, just a simple bucket wash & dry and apply a new layer of sealant over the maintenance wax [Beadmaker]

As far as quoting just a portion of someones post via Tapatalk: Yes it’s very easy, all you have to do is “edit” the quote, but make sure to leave the beginning and end of the quote in tact so that it posts correctly.

Hmmm....hopefully this works lol...

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm....hopefully this works lol...

Yup. Thx brotha!!!!

5. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup. Thx brotha!!!!

What I mean by leaving the beginning and end of the quote in tact is you don’t want to change the part that’s in parentheses... So you’re free to edit everything in between the words “yup” and “Tapatalk” in this example. But you don’t want to mess with what’s contained in the parentheses or it won’t post correctly.

7. Thanks Mikem3574 thanked for this post
    Likes Mikem3574 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I've been using Hydro Blue after each wash. The beading is poor and I experienced yet more etching from bird droppings that were there for 2 days. (having a hard time removing it) Not impressed at all with McKee's. I even use their soap.

These pics are 2 weeks after a wash, give or take a few days. This is the least durable product I've used. TWSNS had superior durability. Same conditions. Possibly worse conditions.

McKee's 360-img_7833-2-jpg

McKee's 360-img_7773-2-jpg

McKee's 360-img_7458-2-jpg
    The beading of Hydro Blue is good though right after initial rinse, correct? It always beads real nice at first for me but I never let it sit to check durability (mostly use on my wheels every wash).

If you are using Hydro Blue on top of 360, I would imagine it’s not bonding well at all. It’s really meant for a bare service or coating topper. If you are only getting a few weeks of poor beading on bare paint I would be surprised, but not too surprised with it doing that on top of 360.

9. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    The beading of Hydro Blue is good though right after initial rinse, correct? It always beads real nice at first for me but I never let it sit to check durability (mostly use on my wheels every wash).

If you are using Hydro Blue on top of 360, I would imagine it’s not bonding well at all. It’s really meant for a bare service or coating topper. If you are only getting a few weeks of poor beading on bare paint I would be surprised, but not too surprised with it doing that on top of 360.
    Right. The beading initially is good. But it drops off dramatically a week or so later. I have 360 on it, then use the HB on top. I'm out of the HB now so I will just continue to wash the car the remainder of the year and probably apply something different come next winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    Right. The beading initially is good. But it drops off dramatically a week or so later. I have 360 on it, then use the HB on top. I'm out of the HB now so I will just continue to wash the car the remainder of the year and probably apply something different come next winter.
    If you think the 360 dies prior, do you have anything else to put on as LSP before fall?

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've seen, I don't see any AIOs really lasting a long time, period. Or at least I haven't been introduced to one that does.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

13. Likes CleanIT, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    If you think the 360 dies prior, do you have anything else to put on as LSP before fall?

I'll likely go back to TW Seal N Shine. Incredible value. Held up far better than the McKee's. Not even close.

15. Likes acuRAS82, UncleDavy liked this post
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast