autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax bsd the most hydrophobic spray lsp?

Thank you I do have a bottle of hybrid solutions spray coating and wet wax. How do they compare to bsd?

Post Thanks / Like

i've used both PNS then BSD over the top months later and they both look great.. not the easiest to apply but they are amazing at hydrophobic performance..

great looking car

3. Likes Cstamp3084, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cstamp3084 View Post
    Thank you I do have a bottle of hybrid solutions spray coating and wet wax. How do they compare to bsd?
    I haven’t used Wet Wax but it’s supposed to be a great drying aid.

Ceramic Spray Coating may require more prepped surface at the beginning than BSD, but after initial use you can apply it whenever, or better yet apply the Wet Wax after each wash and just apply the Spray Coating every few months you n a dry surface.

It applies the same way as BSD (spray on, wipe off), but it’s not tacky and won’t resist wipe off. More pleasant application experience for sure. I dont know the longevity yet but I’m guessing it lasts longer than BSD. It may even be more comparable to PNS.

It is different though in that it has no cleaning ability. So if you were using BSD to clean dust or smudges, this shouldn’t replace that. There are other products to do that work. I personally only use BSD as a pure spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like

I initially applied bsd after a rinseless wash. I only plan to use it after a wash so I’m not worried about it’s cleaning ability. I also picked up a bottle of Wolfgang ceramic spray coating. My next full day off is Memorial Day. I will properly prep the surface for whatever I decide to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Might just need to experiment more with BSD ratio's to your own needs.

I have found most dilution ratio's on labels to be either "spot-on" or "yeah, not even close for me".
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Next weekend I will apply it after a traditional wash with hyper wash. I will try the 1:1 mix and see how it acts. The only thing that bothers me about diluting it is loosing its effectiveness, but if I use it after every wash I guess it won’t matter. But man is this stuff thick as snot and the sonax sprayer is pretty terrible.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not tried BSD but have been using the TW WET WAX the last few weeks as intended as a drying aid. 100% game changer for me. Stuff is crazy good. The look and protection provided is like no other product I have used. This is being used to maintain the TW spray coating.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

9. Likes Cstamp3084 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Next weekend I will apply it after a traditional wash with hyper wash. I will try the 1:1 mix and see how it acts. The only thing that bothers me about diluting it is loosing its effectiveness, but if I use it after every wash I guess it won’t matter. But man is this stuff thick as snot and the sonax sprayer is pretty terrible.
    Try 1.1:1 etc.......

And always have some quality spray bottles on hand. Ask me how I know.......
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Likes Cstamp3084 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I initially applied bsd after a rinseless wash. I only plan to use it after a wash so I’m not worried about it’s cleaning ability. I also picked up a bottle of Wolfgang ceramic spray coating. My next full day off is Memorial Day. I will properly prep the surface for whatever I decide to use.
    Wolfgang is another easier to use spray than BSD. I’ve gotten mixed results on the water behavior but others have gotten great results. I might have a poor bottle or poor technique. But really easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always said, and still believe that there’s nothing as hydrophobic as BSD. But it is absolutely the most frustrating spray on product I’ve ever tried, grabby, grabby, grabby. I’ve been using it almost 2 years now and in January, tried diluting it to make application easier... I would not recommend it. Diluting it lessens the protection, and does not make it that much easier to apply.

I use the BSD every other wash or so, not as a drying aid, but after I’ve dried the car. I’ve found that it works best this way... using any product as a drying aid results in some dilution of the product... I can’t get on board with that practice.

I used BM for a few months and I agree that it’s the most user-friendly product out there, super slick, but the protection does not blow me away. I’ve gone back to using Megs quik wax on my daughter’s and wife’s cars; it’s my go-to spray wax.

I’ve been considering switching to a different LSP other than BSD, there’s got to be something that protects as well but is easier to apply. But I have a few months worth of BSD left, so I have some time before I need to make a decision... I’ll be viewing lots of YouTube videos in the interim.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

14. Likes PaulMys, Cstamp3084 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast