I've officially put my mind in a blender looking at all the pad choices. I've put about a dozen different pads in my cart only to change my mind on which ones I need.

I have an alpine white BMW, Sonax PF, and a Harbor Freight DA. What pads should I use? I know the answer is "test spot" but I don't want to buy $200 worth of pads to find out what works and I also don't want to decon the car and get it ready to polish only to find out I have the wrong pads. The paint is in good shape and I'm only looking to do a 1 step polish that will achieve decent correction. It's my daily driver and I'd like to preserve the clear coat (is that something I even need to worry about with only 1-step polishing?). My goal is to get decent correction this time around and do light maintenance/cleaner polishes every year or so. I only maintain my own cars so I don't need/want a bunch of paint correction supplies. I think I'm leaning toward B&S flat white pads but maybe I should get orange? or green? or uro-tec yellow, or hydrotech tangerine, or...

Please help me stop overthinking this!