autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1 year coating for Midwest winter salt?

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    You probably want even more towels. I swap them often because when they start to get loaded they just smear coating around and that's how you end up with a high spot. The towel touches an adjacent panel and you're left with a high spot. I think I used 12 towels while doing 2 coats of UK3.0 on my car. Then used 6 more the next day while doing 1 coat of Gliss v2.
    Sorry, I meant as part of the wipe off. I think it is usually recommended for two...1 for leveling and one for removal. I was going to add a towel or two to the removal step so as I switch they are less contaminated per say.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whipped500 View Post
    LOL, you've told me this a few times... maybe I should start listening!

Let me ask you this then and I know we are two different climates but do think I would be fine with the CanCoat (1 or 2) in the spring and then another in the fall before winter for the salt belt I'm in? Or would I be better with a full fledged coating?

If actual coating, which do you recommend? I have been researching CQUK 3.0 and gtech csl exo and just started looking into Kamikaze.

Again, thank you so much for your knowledge and help!
    Hard to say. Too many variables to consider (environment, maintenance, contamination). Cquartz Lite is going to be more durable as it is closer to a full fledged coating that CanCoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whipped500 View Post
    Sorry, I meant as part of the wipe off. I think it is usually recommended for two...1 for leveling and one for removal. I was going to add a towel or two to the removal step so as I switch they are less contaminated per say.
    Yes, and I meant for that as well. Using 2 at a time like you say but don’t use the same 2 for very long, I go through 4 sides of each of those 2 towels and then swap for new towels to ensure they have more absorbency. Also, doing that means each towel is given less time for the coating to cure in it and the towel quickly goes into the bucket with water and Micro Restore. Once done for the day they’re washed. I’ve reused coating towels and had no problems.
    Bruno Soares

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123