Hi Guys, rookie to this forum, posted one other thread but cant find it. This is a continuation of this. Here is the Coles notes.......Bought a new Accord a month or so ago, I am NOT a propoinent of ealer added protection packages. Anyway my sweet wife in her love and kindness bought me the extended maintenance warranty, not too bad a thing but also the paint, interior, undercaot package. I washed the car once a few days later, this paint protection seemed non existant. water sheeted just not a good day. took it back and I spoke to the owner of the dealership. Anyway, she asked me to return oit and they would re apply, an hour later, it was done! So, obviously not a great product.
I have been mulling over in my head what to do, my wife was sweet to think of me but its left me with a bit of a problem really. So, I have been mulling over solutions... I can get a $1700 Canadian ceramic coating done that is guaranteed for life???? Swaying against this right now or just go ahead and do like I have with my cars for 50 years, yup, Im old!!!!! clean and wax. Trouble is, not sure how to get rtgis crap off my paint. I suspect it cant be much more than some silicone based stuff. DDo ypu think a mild going over with swirl removing compound, then seal and wax, would this get me back to normal? I have had zero success finding out what was in this stuff. They gave me a bottle of "paint finish restorer" that looks like curdled milk, separates instantly and you have to shaske it constantly, like oil and vinegar dressing. So.....Throwing myselves at you guys, what should I do. Dealer and supplier of the coating? Forget it, next step with them is court or jail or both. HELP!!!!!!!!