autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Gurus...

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Thats great! I will just ride out 2 coats of V2 and maintain with high gloss until next spring.

I was under the impression it didn't last long on the shelf, thats why i was going to use it up.

This will increase the value 2 fold if i do indeed get about 12 mths per application!
    Yep, as usual just keep it indoor out of the sun. I might even recommend putting it in a sealed ziplock bag. I do that with my opened valuables. Not sure how much it helps but it can’t hurt.

I went back and checked the Travis email and he is stating that he has numerous products over 5 years old and they still work fine. He doesn’t specify exactly when he opened them but since they “work fine” they are clearly open now, I doubt he just opened them at 4 years. I now have numerous bottles (sprays) that have been opened over 2 years and the consistency looks absolutely normal and I know for a fact two of them I recently used work fine.

2. Likes noorth, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Yep, as usual just keep it indoor out of the sun. I might even recommend putting it in a sealed ziplock bag. I do that with my opened valuables. Not sure how much it helps but it can’t hurt.

I went back and checked the Travis email and he is stating that he has numerous products over 5 years old and they still work fine. He doesn’t specify exactly when he opened them but since they “work fine” they are clearly open now, I doubt he just opened them at 4 years. I now have numerous bottles (sprays) that have been opened over 2 years and the consistency looks absolutely normal and I know for a fact two of them I recently used work fine.
    Great news man. I thought it was done in less then a year! If V2 lasts close to a year on my paint and the shelf life is over a year its well worth the money.

How many people buy a cheap sealant or wax and never use up all the bottle? Before they buy something else..

Cosmic V2 and high gloss look fantastic.

Quality over quantity.

I'm struggling not to buy polish angels famous creame lol

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that depending on the country of origin, they are legally obligated to put a best by date on it so a lot of that is not always necessarily/meaningful.

Case and point, an unopened bottle of cquartz can sit there for a while as long as it's stored in a cool place. Once you open it, it's still good to go. Worst case scenario with any opened coating, drip a few droplets of paint thinner in and shake well.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

5. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, a PA distributor in europe actually recommended me to place it inside a refrigerator...what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

That is interesting, did he said how long it extends the life of the product?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, a PA distributor in europe actually recommended me to place it inside a refrigerator...what do you think?
    No knowledge of this. But if they said it, in theory it should be beneficial I would hope.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    That is interesting, did he said how long it extends the life of the product?

Up to 2 years on there website.

I'm just going to use up V2 now anyhow.

I have a bottle of CQUK3 i want to use next spring. I bought it before V2 but chickened out lol I feel better now applying a full blown ceramic.

Be nice to know if V2 lasted long enough to apply 2 coats each about 12mths apart though - on the same car. That would increase the value a lot. Very happy with the product.

Post Thanks / Like

Up to 2 years on there website.

I'm just going to use up V2 now anyhow.

I have a bottle of CQUK3 i want to use next spring. I bought it before V2 but chickened out lol I feel better now applying a full blown ceramic.

Be nice to know if V2 lasted long enough to apply 2 coats each about 12mths apart though - on the same car. That would increase the value a lot. Very happy with the product.
    I’m guessing for you, the 12 month durability would come down to how often are you driving the car through salt in that 5 month winter period.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I’m guessing for you, the 12 month durability would come down to how often are you driving the car through salt in that 5 month winter period.
    Yeah and if i drive to the city. We don't get a lot of snow actually where i'm too. 2-3mths normally of consistent snow.

I work 28 days on 28 days off. I don't drive much. 10,000 - 12,000 Kilometers a year or so.

Pretty sure i will be going with cquartz uk3 next year though - Top up with rapidwaxx or i might buy some cosmic spritz Seems to be very consistent in its reputation and feedback. And friendly to use outside. And i already bought it lol

12. Likes BudgetPlan1, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reached out to PA just curious asking durability for Primer Spritz + High Gloss due that in the page only talks about Primer Spritz + Cosmic Spritz combo.

He told me both combinations have the same durability of 12-14 months, to me thats a home run, High Gloss is 70-75% TiO2 & 5% SiO2 with that durability, looks and ease of use to me thats a winner!!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast