autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Gurus...

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I think as long as you’re using any good iron remover to ensure that above surface contamination does not exist, then you’re helping the new application. So whatever you’re using, I would say keep it.

If you did it recently and you don’t think there will be any signs of color change due to negligible contaminants, I guess you could skip? But I’ll also defer to coating experts for their insight.
    I'm going to use it but i have never seen the color change. I don't live anywhere near any industrial areas. Thanks!

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I see, I assume it’s not being driven during icebreaker season, i.e. winter main. If it won’t be driven this winter much, I would think you could hold out until next spring or use on another vehicle. But if you wish to use it this fall, I can’t see why it would cause any issues if you do a bit of prep prior (Iron-X, wipe down).
    Just to be clear. Do you use both iron-x and a panel prep? Is that what your referring to? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Just to be clear. Do you use both iron-x and a panel prep? Is that what your referring to? thanks
    Yes, I would always end with a panel prep before your ‘coating’ is applied. It will help remove the Iron-x residue, or tar remover residue, or heavy cleaner residue, etc.

4. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I basically waterless wash the car with panel prep before I do a coating. Too much work to be ruined by just not letting the product dwell and not getting the durability I was looking for.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I basically waterless wash the car with panel prep before I do a coating. Too much work to be ruined by just not letting the product dwell and not getting the durability I was looking for.
    Do you ever get streaks from the heavy saturation of prep spray, even after drying?

I know it seems like an unnecessary question but it’s something I’ve experienced with at least 1 prep spray. Enough streaking that I would not attempt LSPing right after without further removing the prep spray streaks.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi again guys, can someone confirm for me the shelf life of cosmic v2 after its opened? i get conflicting information!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Hi again guys, can someone confirm for me the shelf life of cosmic v2 after its opened? i get conflicting information!
    I've read 1 year, like most of their products. 2 years if unopened.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually believe it’s 4 years unopened and 2 years opened. Most PA’s are this, including Viking coating which you got to figure should be the closest comparison (none of the Cosmic sprays mention shelf life but I think that’s an after thought).

Note I once emailed PA (it might have been Travis for PA USA when he was the rep) about whether that 4/2 years is pretty strict and he said that he has numerous bottles that have been opened for much longer than two years that we’re doing just fine. My question wasn’t specific to the coatings, but take his response for what it’s worth.

11. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack, noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't notice any streaking. I go over it with with a new towel side to get the streak free-ness. But I tend to stick to CarPro eraser, works the easiest out of a lot of products I've tried.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually believe it’s 4 years unopened and 2 years opened. Most PA’s are this, including Viking coating which you got to figure should be the closest comparison (none of the Cosmic sprays mention shelf life but I think that’s an after thought).

Note I once emailed PA (it might have been Travis for PA USA when he was the rep) about whether that 4/2 years is pretty strict and he said that he has numerous bottles that have been opened for much longer than two years that we’re doing just fine. My question wasn’t specific to the coatings, but take his response for what it’s worth.
    Thats great! I will just ride out 2 coats of V2 and maintain with high gloss until next spring.

I was under the impression it didn't last long on the shelf, thats why i was going to use it up.

This will increase the value 2 fold if i do indeed get about 12 mths per application!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast