autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Better towel method

I have read here that it is bad to dry my mf towels. But there has to be a better method than just laying them out. It takes a long time to dry them this way. Is it that bad to dry them. Maybe just drying them for a while. Is it that important not to dry them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jforget1
    I have read here that it is bad to dry my mf towels. But there has to be a better method than just laying them out. It takes a long time to dry them this way. Is it that bad to dry them. Maybe just drying them for a while. Is it that important not to dry them?
    I put mine in for about 20 minutes at low heat. Then set them out to dry. Seem to be holding up pretty good. Just makes sure that you aren't using a bounce sheet.

I just recently purchased a little electric blower to dry my C6. I think it blows at 150 mph and cost me like $40-50 from Lowes. Now I'm drying all my vehicles with it. It has cut my wash and dry time down in half and I finish up my whole car with the small Guzzler MF towel from AG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM06
    I put mine in for about 20 minutes at low heat. Then set them out to dry. Seem to be holding up pretty good. Just makes sure that you aren't using a bounce sheet.

I just recently purchased a little electric blower to dry my C6. I think it blows at 150 mph and cost me like $40-50 from Lowes. Now I'm drying all my vehicles with it. It has cut my wash and dry time down in half and I finish up my whole car with the small Guzzler MF towel from AG.

Yup, I use my electric blower as well, especially on our trucks. Water likes to hide n/around the seals along windows and drip hours later, sucker blows it right out. I don't really remember the last time I "really" dryed with a towel. Usually there are very tiny water beads scattered around after, so I just spray some QD and wipe/buff, no marring or waterspots now.

As for my micro's, I just put them in the dryer on low heat till their just slightly damp and let air dry in a holder I have for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    This all sounds a lot easier, Surfer what do you use for a rack? Trying to think of what might work for a rack.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried drying on the air only settiing on my dryer. I ran 2 cycles and they
    were still damp. I have a Whirlpool dryer that has the automatic cycle that
    stops automatically when stuff is dry. I use the low heat setting and as the
    towels start getting dry, it starts cutting down on the heat. Works great and
    my towels are in perfect shape. Another thing I found that cleans the towels
    is adding a half cup of any of the orange citrus APC to the wash.