I have two cars that are kept outside in the Florida sun. I need the absolute best plan for protecting them. I live in a townhouse with no garage, and only outdoor parking.

I have a 2008 Z06 (SILVER) and a 1991 Foxbody Mustang (BRIGHT RED)

The Corvette has been kept in a garage most of its life, but has sat outside in the sun for the past 2 years. I’ve been using Collinite 845 by itself (re-applied every 4 months), washing the car religiously every two weeks. So far the paint seems pristine without fade or damage, but the headlights are very faintly starting to cloud over

The 1991 Mustang has been garage kept for its entire life and i just bought it yesterday. It currently has a coat of Chadwick’s extreme ceramic coating on it. Paint is PRISTINE as far as color brightness, but has a bit of swirling and stuff visible in very bright direct sunlight..

For both cars, I have dark tints, windshield sun shields, and 303 aerospace applied to all interior surfaces and exterior trim.

I am looking for the best protocol to protect the paint (and interior) from the sun. My guess is that I need a sealant and a UV top coat, but what should I use? How should I deal with the products that are already on the cars?

As an aside: I also have a 2005 Mustang GT (SILVER) (that i’m currently trying to sell) that I’ve owned for 15 years. The car has sat in the sun for 11-12 years of its life. For the first 7 years or so I waxed it regularly, but more recently the car hasn’t been taken care of super well. Think 6 months to a year between washes at times, rarely waxed, sat outside and under trees with sap, etc. I recently washed, claybarred, and Collinite’d the car, and aside from little black sap spots that easily come out with a fingernail, and some swirling and stuff, the paint shows no signs of fade, and it looks pristine. The interior is mostly pristine as well.

What exactly should I do, going forward, to protect the 1991 Mustang and the Corvette? Is it possible to actually prevent fade with regular washing and waxing?

How can I tell if the paint is starting to fade? Will it fade under the clear coat such that it cannot be repaired without a repaint?

ALSO: Let’s say over the next 5-10 years, the paint fades on both cars. Can this be fixed with paint correction? How many times can fading be fixed in this manner?

Thanks!