autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Last Coat Black Ice

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Mothers said the same thing with CMX and look how well that turned out. Did not meet that 1 year claim when most were stating 3-4 months. This last coat will compete against spray sealants like CMX, Turtle Wax spray coating , Adams Spray coating, etc.. CanCoat is on another level compared to these spray "coatings".
    I don't doubt the claims are over exaggerated, but Last Coat v2 was spoken of very favorably by a lot of detailers. I know some people poo on it due to the high price, but it's the same price as Reload and lasts quite a bit longer. The Black version's basically 4x the price. I wouldn't expect 4 times the longevity, but if people are getting 4-5 months out of the Last Coat V2 this should perform a decent amount better. I tend to ignore detailing products I get videos for all the time on YT, but it looks like the people behind TLC make real products. I can't comment on the high pricing as I have a cabinet with a bunch of Polish Angel, Gyeon & other brands. So I'm kinda deadened to overpaying lol. They also recommend you do an IPA wipedown before applying, which they don't for TLC. I suspect Brian from Apex will review this soon, I'm curious to see what he thinks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Agreed. Anything that recommends throwing out your towel must be legit.
    Well, they're suggesting you toss the towel because the SiO2 will harden in it. If there's actually enough to do that, which I have no idea, it at least means the product has a decent amount of SiO2 in it.

2. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The Last Coat has been proven to be the "Real Deal" and the best of the Facebook sealants. It did well with Jimbo and Pan the Organizer. I would like to try it, but its too expensive for what it does.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AG!

I don’t know much about TLC, but Pan says a lot of things are good as long as they’re sponsors.

5. Likes PaulMys, Dortch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Welcome to AG!

I don’t know much about TLC, but Pan says a lot of things are good as long as they’re sponsors.
    Exactly. If Pan says it's good that doesn't mean anything.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Not to hijack but since cmx was mentioned. DO NOT BUY mothers cmx trim restore it sucks!!! Worst purchase I can remember

Sent from my SM-A205U using Autogeekonline mobile app

8. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zv300 View Post
    The Last Coat has been proven to be the "Real Deal" and the best of the Facebook sealants. It did well with Jimbo and Pan the Organizer. I would like to try it, but its too expensive for what it does.
    Pan, I dunno... some of his videos really seem like sponsored infomercials, Jimbo absolutely crapped all over TLC v1 and said he didn't even want to try v2. But he ended up testing it and really liked it which is a good sign. I don't really like Jimbo's testing methods, but it seems like he give an honest opinion. Brian from Apex likes it, and he's pretty much my go-to since he's unbiased and I don't think could be bought off. The price is good compared to stuff from Gyeon & Carpro. But I could get Meg's Ultimate Fast Finish or TW S&S for like half the price, so I'm not in a rush to try TLC. With that said, I'll probably end up buying a bottle as my curiosity will get the best of me eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zv300 View Post
    I’ve seen couple video’s that show it lose to different “Facebook” sealants. East coast jeep has a youtube video 50/50 with Hydro Silex and after a few hours you can see the TLC side is covered in pollen and the Hydro Silex side is doing just fine.

Don’t know if it was v1 or v2 it was published 4/21/2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JWilliams.RadiantDetail View Post
    Pan, I dunno... some of his videos really seem like sponsored infomercials, Jimbo absolutely crapped all over TLC v1 and said he didn't even want to try v2. But he ended up testing it and really liked it which is a good sign. I don't really like Jimbo's testing methods, but it seems like he give an honest opinion. Brian from Apex likes it, and he's pretty much my go-to since he's unbiased and I don't think could be bought off. The price is good compared to stuff from Gyeon & Carpro. But I could get Meg's Ultimate Fast Finish or TW S&S for like half the price, so I'm not in a rush to try TLC. With that said, I'll probably end up buying a bottle as my curiosity will get the best of me eventually.
    I thing Megs Ultimate Fast Finish is discontinued, I still have 2 bottles left but I cant find it anywhere but amazon from only 2 sellers and is overpriced.
    I dont get why Megs would do that to such a great product

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    I thing Megs Ultimate Fast Finish is discontinued, I still have 2 bottles left but I cant find it anywhere but amazon from only 2 sellers and is overpriced.
    I dont get why Megs would do that to such a great product
    Look no further than here!

Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12