autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Daily Driver Coating / Wax / Sealant? Looking for protection in the North-East

It`s been a long while since I updated my detailing arsenal. I have a 20 year old PC7424, various Mequiars and primarily Zaino products. I`ve been using Z-AIO, ZPC, and Z2. Just over a year ago I tried Duragloss Enviroshield. It worked well, but the thing about ceramics on a daily driver - you still get embedded contaminants.

My two daily drivers are a Lexus and Porsche SUVs. They get detailed 3 or 4 times per year, bucket washed every 6 weeks ish, and spray cleaned / touchless washed the rest of the time. I have been using Zaino car wash and/or ONR. They see ice, salt, snow, etc. The biggest issue (even with the ceramic coating) has been dealing with embedded contaminants - fallout, tar from road repairs, bugs, etc. I`ve found that expecting to just put on a ceramic coat and spray wash clean is just unreasonable expectations. You will still have to polish / decontaminate - particularly the lower quarter. I think people who live south have no idea how good they have it - we have snow and salt, then pothole season, bug season, asphalt repair season, then back to snow and salt .

In all seriousness, what is a simple recommended routine? I had been happy with Clay, ZPC, ZAIO, then Z2. But i think things must have gotten better.

How about clay then Blackfire One step or Sonax perfect finish. Then wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant, or FK1000p. Any other product suggestions? Want to start fresh this year. Also considering Duragloss 501 / 111.

Must not stain black trim, and prefer to apply with PC, then remove with microfiber. Looking for protection and durability. Looks are secondary as it will be filthy in a day or three. Prefer whatever product is more hydrophobic / stays clean on its own (frequent showers here on east coast).

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Daily Driver Coating / Wax / Sealant? Looking for protection in the North-East

The products you mentioned are all good candidates.

I will throw Collinite products in there as well..
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post