autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Pollen Thing!

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I don’t do rinseless washes during pollen season, that crap is way too abrasive.
    Even with a good pre-soak?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    I think I may give that a try this weekend, I just remember using it last year on top of PNS but with a soft clear coat it was a huge task to wipe off, I still use it on my wife X3 though. I just ordered McKee's Pollen-X Acrylic Shield but it won't be here until mid-week at the earliest, may be an opportunity to do a little experimentation between the two.

Again, thank you for your help.

JF
    Experiments are always fun! I hope you are able to see an improvement, however slight it may be!

Post Thanks / Like

If you wanna pressure wash and blow dry coat your car. I have sio2 sealants on my cars hood and the blow off ok but the rest is coated and water flys off.

I had good luck last year with a Pre soak (N-914, Griots BS rinseless) and them using Ammo frothe. I’m no scientist but i felt the pre soak helped loosen up the pollen and the foam waterless did a great job of encapsulating and lifting it off the car.

I’m surprised no else has come out with a foamimg Waterless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I just live with the pollen. I’ve honestly never noticed a single bit of difference between waxes, sealants, or sio2 sprays in terms of “attracting” anything.

If your car sits outside it’ll get pollen and dust on it. That’s just the way it is. I worry about having refreshed protection rather than looking for a magic bullet to stop the pollen from landing on my car.

The magic bullet imo is a garage, which helps a ton. But you have to take it outside eventually.

I’d say just wash the car weekly and deal with the pollen the rest of the time. Detailing is supposed to be fun, not drive us crazy.

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I’m surprised no else has come out with a foamimg Waterless.

I know that Denny Doyle double black pearl auto shampoo can be used as a rinseless. One of these days when I’m low on soap I’m gonna buy a bottle and try diluting it in my IK foamer and use it as a waterless to see if it works okay that way.

7. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Even with a good pre-soak?
    Then it would be fine. But if I already got the hose out to pre-soak, I might as well just wash with 2 buckets.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

I use FK425 detail spray during the spring pollen months. I have been using it for probably 10 years. Probably better ones out there, but FK425 has been easy and does help repel the dust. More will blow up when you start driving. I liked the Kenotek detail spray but I only tried one bottle and have not bought it again.

Its a losing battle. I have customers that won't contact me in the spring until they think the heavy pollen season is over and I don't blame them one bit.

10. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say don’t use a topper after a wash. If you have a good sealant on there (I’m using PNS at the moment), just wash, dry and roll with it. I feel like any spray plus buffing attracts pollen. In my experience, the super slick carnuba based spray waxes/detailers are the worst. I’m guessing BSD wouldn’t be as bad, but buffing with a MF seems to attract a lot of dust/pollen.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Pollen is a problem I wish I had,,,I'm still blasting road salt off of mine every other day
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdgamble View Post
    I would say don’t use a topper after a wash. If you have a good sealant on there (I’m using PNS at the moment), just wash, dry and roll with it. I feel like any spray plus buffing attracts pollen. In my experience, the super slick carnuba based spray waxes/detailers are the worst. I’m guessing BSD wouldn’t be as bad, but buffing with a MF seems to attract a lot of dust/pollen.

I washed my wife’s X3 that has PNS and finished it up some additional BSD just to see how it does this week, it did have quite a bit of pollen on it but since it’s white it was hard to tell.

I washed my Acura that has Liquid Souveran on it, I did not apply any LSP such as crystal mist or Beadmaker, curios to see how it does this week.

I’ll be applying Mckees Pollen X when it comes in around Wednesday/Thursday after rewashing the car. I’m thinking about applying it to half the hood and either leaving the other side untreated or using BSD since I already know what crystal mist and Beadmaker will do when it comes to holding onto pollen.

Thank you for everyone’s help.

Jay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast