autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Flex|SysOne vs. 106FA|CobraXCut vs LC CCS semi-review

Fun day today testing out the new stuffs. I was going to do a Flex vs. UDM comparo as well, but I just didn't feel like bothering; that topic has been discusssed enough already I think. I'm still pretty new at taking detailing pics, not to mention being pretty darn n00b at polishing.
    - CCS vs Cobra Cross Cut (CXC): In both cases, the white pad was used. I felt more comfortable using the CXC vs CCS on my stang hood as it followed the curves/concavity better. CXC wasn't as firm; more forgiving when I didn't have the Flex level on the surface. On thing I noticed though, was the cross cuts weren't consistent. Whether or not that makes a difference, I don't know as I lack enough experience to make a judgement. Initial spreading of the polish with the Flex off was easier with the CXC.
    Final N00b MadOzodi verdict: Large flat surfaces, use CCS; Curves, drive the CXC.
    - SystemOne vs Menzerna PO106FA: I started by using the 106FA. Man, you can work this stuff forever, varying speeds (settings 4-6 on Flex), the speed at which you move the machine across the paint...it never dried out for me, and there was little to no dusting. When I used SystemOne, I used it in the same manner as I did the 106FA; same amount on the pad, same spreading on the paint, same ramp up from 2 to 4. No 5 or 6 used because before I even finished a couple of passes, it was all dried up, dusting like crazy...didn't like using SystemOne at all. I bet I wasn't using it correctly at all. I did end up giving it another try, with an orange CXC pad, but still didn't feel as comfortable with it as I did the 106FA.
    Final N00b MadOzodi verdict: 106FA for teh win *temp was mid 60s and I was in my garage.

So here are the pics. Let me preface by saying that my Mustang's paint is in HORRIBLE condition. I have no idea which parts are still the OEM paint and which are the repair (probably the one with all the chips, LOL)

CCS-106FA before:

CCS-106FA after1:

CCS-106FA after2:

CCS-SystemOne before1:

CCS-SystemOne before2:

CCS-SystemOne after1:

CCS-SystemOne after2:

Driver's Side Finished - CXC used on front part of hood, CCS on back:

Passenger Side w/tape line - 106FA used on front part of hood, SystemOne on back:

Middle part of hood, I think I heard Baby Jesus cry cuz it was so bad:

Middle part of hood after SystemOne on orange CXC pad, some improvement at least:

Callin it a day, phew!:

07 Cosmic Blue Mazdaspeed3
    00 Black Mustang GT - Spring Ed. (for sale)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex|SysOne vs. 106FA|CobraXCut vs LC CCS semi-review

Thanks for that comparo..that must be a pain in the ass on the hood with those decals. Great results..gotta love Menz on black!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex|SysOne vs. 106FA|CobraXCut vs LC CCS semi-review

Thanks! And yes, they are. The body shop I go to (can't beat the price) repainted the hood the first time and left the hood stripes on there; they're what signifies the "Spring Edition"...I should have taken them off a long time ago.

The paint is definitely in a better condition, but I think some IP or SIP is in order.
    07 Cosmic Blue Mazdaspeed3
    00 Black Mustang GT - Spring Ed. (for sale)