autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber towel Lint

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I’ve used several glass towels Rag company, speed master, waffle weaves. Used with a few different cleaners, McKee’s, Stoners invisible, sprayaway. Zep beats them all.

As said before have to rinse couple times and wring them hard and they work well.

I’m currently using the other products on the outside and the Zeps on inside till I run out of products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How many Zep Cloths do you have? And how do you wash them?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Never have had any issues with the waffle weave style on my Windows. I use the “Dry Me A River” 16x16” from The Rag Company and it is the best I have used on glass for cleaning and nothing left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    How many Zep Cloths do you have? And how do you wash them?
    Wash them with other microfibers just don’t machine dry if you do

Post Thanks / Like

As I was driving tonight I noticed some imperfections on the interior of my windshield where I used the Zap Cloth... There were streaks/cheetah marks where you could see the marks of my hand. This was caused by uneven pressure as I was reaching over from the passenger side thinking a quik simple pass would suffice.

It appears the Zap Cloth is only as good as the effort you put into it, no half arseing it.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ll definitely keep that in mind. Sounds like there is a learning curve
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber towel Lint

I used the Zap Cloth some more last night... I used it to clean the rest of the windows on my Cadillac except the exterior windshield and exterior rear glass and the looks of the towel should give you and idea of the layer of soot that was on the interior rear glass + the interior side of the rear doors which had spent who knows how long underneath the pull up visors.

I cleaned the exterior of the front and back glass with my squeegee because I wanted to spare the Zap Cloth from possibly becoming Fubar with so much grime.

And even after picking up that much grime with the cloth and it passing the eye test in the darkness of my driveway, as soon as I went for a short drive to the gas station to get a better view in different lighting there were streaks, flaws, and alot of leftover grime especially on the inside of my back window and I had missed alot of the corners everywhere.

Working in the dark is never a good idea if you’re expecting great results but I still can’t help ducking lots of points after seeing what the Zap Cloth can’t handle because I put alot of elbow grease into my rear window and it was now a streaky grimy mess.

The Zap Cloth is far from perfect. I know expecting anything to be perfect is a tall order, but this makes me look at the cloth as more of a finisher than a cleaning towel where it will quickly load up with dirt.

What do you guys think? Am I right? Or were my windows extraordinarily dirty?

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i agree. If your keeping up with it it’s fine product as I do windshield every couple of weeks. If theirs been neglect it isn’t going to be great but a griots glass towel and invisible glass foam won’t get it all in one pass.

Neglected glass I go cleaner and glass towel. Wipe down again with damp but thoroughly dried MF do all windows and then last a Zep. Then maintain once or twice a month with Zep.

If you do follow up with Zep as finisher make sure to wipe first with other MF. Always a little cleaner residue left and the ZEP just smears it around. Maybe it would dry away I don’t give it a chance

10. Likes SNP209, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Working in the dark is never a good idea if you’re expecting great results but I still can’t help ducking lots of points after seeing what the Zap Cloth can’t handle because I put alot of elbow grease into my rear window and it was now a streaky grimy mess.

The Zap Cloth is far from perfect. I know expecting anything to be perfect is a tall order, but this makes me look at the cloth as more of a finisher than a cleaning towel where it will quickly load up with dirt.

I own GG glass towels, Speedmaster glass towels, and some generic glass towels from the AG outlet section, and they all perform about the same. That is, I have found the only way to get really clean windows is to use one towel to do the cleaning and then use a second dry towel to do a final buff.

As for the Zap, I did a little research on them and everybody and their brother is reselling them under Zap, KAYWOS, and other names (KAYWOS seems to be the parent for these "zero fiber" towels). Kinda reminds me of people selling "sea monkeys".

12. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used the Zap Cloth some more last night... I used it to clean the rest of the windows on my Cadillac except the exterior windshield and exterior rear glass and the looks of the towel should give you and idea of the layer of soot that was on the interior rear glass + the interior side of the rear doors which had spent who knows how long underneath the pull up visors.

I cleaned the exterior of the front and back glass with my squeegee because I wanted to spare the Zap Cloth from possibly becoming Fubar with so much grime.

And even after picking up that much grime with the cloth and it passing the eye test in the darkness of my driveway, as soon as I went for a short drive to the gas station to get a better view in different lighting there were streaks, flaws, and alot of leftover grime especially on the inside of my back window and I had missed alot of the corners everywhere.

I definitely agree that the Zap Cloth is more of a finisher. I use it strictly for the haze on the interior windows. I use a waffle weave or a microber towel with Invisible Glass to remove heavy grime. For removing haze and streaks, I would say that the Zap Cloth is perfect. For heavy grime and cleaning, not so perfect.

14. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Right on, thanks for the feedback.. And yea the reason I chose to go with the Zap Cloth on my rear interior window was mainly due to the defogger lines and not wanting to go heavy duty on them which normally I would’ve went straight for something like a Magic Eraser, but no way I wanted to go that aggro over those defogger lines on the glass.

I’ll throw the Zap Cloth in with my next load of microfiber wash and continue trying it out, next time as a finisher and expect it to perform nicely.Microfiber towel Lint

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast