autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buy The Obsessed Garage Pressure Washer?

Quote Originally Posted by bolts View Post
    I disagree if you look at his prices he is at or below everyone else for practically everything. Its just that you have to pay for shipping which in my opinion is very fair. Yes he is very honest in his videos which is absolutely great, no bs whatsoever.
    Question is ultimately every tool is bound to crap out but how long will that take? Does better quality matter or better price? I have a sunjoe spx4000 w/50' kobrajet hose, and a kranzle 1322, mtm sgs gun and mosmatic gun. Id have to say they both work but the kranzle and mosmatic works better you can definitely feel the difference. The kranzle is and feels more powerful when you pull the trigger. Now does that really matter if youre just washing a car? Dont know if it does. That said I do like the way it feels and it does make for a better experience to me. Like anything else is personal preference.
    depends on what you consider bs. Someone mentioned honest testing in his videos but I really can’t remember recently where he does any actual testing. I’ve heard him say that he does test things but haven’t actually seen it myself. I mean even the pressure washer “testing” he did I wouldn’t call just spraying water into a bucket for a minute meaningful testing. I know he believes that this testing method is providing value but I don’t quite see it. I would have thought more people would value input from someone with actual experience and real world knowledge more than they would from tech a strong diy’er or dedicated enthusiast. Also, the whole shipping thing doesn’t make sense saying it’s fair. It would be fair if everyone was charging for shipping but nowadays a lot of retailers offer free shipping.

2. Thanks craigdt thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KimJungIllest View Post
    depends on what you consider bs. Someone mentioned honest testing in his videos but I really can’t remember recently where he does any actual testing. I’ve heard him say that he does test things but haven’t actually seen it myself. I mean even the pressure washer “testing” he did I wouldn’t call just spraying water into a bucket for a minute meaningful testing. I know he believes that this testing method is providing value but I don’t quite see it. I would have thought more people would value input from someone with actual experience and real world knowledge more than they would from tech a strong diy’er or dedicated enthusiast. Also, the whole shipping thing doesn’t make sense saying it’s fair. It would be fair if everyone was charging for shipping but nowadays a lot of retailers offer free shipping.
    The guy is giving you real world numbers as far as gpm for pressure washers which I think is pretty close since it is pumping out volume/min. That is real world knowledge and I think there is value and good info to it. It is to me. It proves that the sunjoe is overrated and the ar/kranzle is pretty legit. You can tell a kranzle is more powerful than a sunjoe just by pulling the trigger. The guy also gives you the decibels of the machine, and how the foam looks with a foam cannon. Not only that he did it for so many pressure washers. I mean I did call him out on one of his videos on calibrating his ph meter but that is because I do that kind of stuff for work so I know what is correct. But outside of that I value a lot of these videos.

Yes a lot of retailers offer free shipping but many dont also. I think it is fair to pay to have something shipped to you. Not everyone is amazon. Look at ebay a lot of people there have you pay for shipping. That said, not everyone offers the same products that og does.

Sounds like you dont really care for the guy which is absolutely fine. Sure I think the guy comes from a pretty well to do family as he did go to nova. But I dont knock the guy because he is some rich white dude. To me he sells good crap and I like using good crap so if I have to pay a little bit more to use good crap I will even if Im not some rich dude like him. I have no problem supporting the guy especially if he sells stuff I want to buy that i cant find anywhere else. Call me crazy but I want to buy his mosmatic stainless steel fittings and swivel as it will probably not rust like the zinc coated thing i have on my machine now but who knows if it does and I will end up buying them soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the shipping thing, many retailers not named Amazon that sell through Amazon absolutely include shipping in the cost of their products. And Amazon is pretty much charging retail on a majority of their products at this point because they don’t have any real competition. And wading through the absolute crap ton of crap products with untrustworthy reviews is a major pain on Amazon. I still order from Amazon but much more rarely than I used to. And a lot of other places require a certain amount of spend to get free shipping and again, are often charging close to retail. The deals are still there to be had but much rarer than in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy the kranzle from og and it will be shipped to you for free on the continent. Or buy the sunjoe from amazon and it will be shipped to you for free even if you live in hawaii. I did both.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123