autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage PFM Terry Weave Towel, not exactly that soft ?!...

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Thanks, lately I wash my MFs on WARM setting which is pretty hot in my washer, have had pretty good success with the cleaning. I can do the Griots towels on HOT which is probably scolding, especially as it was pointed out Griots recommends it.
    Well that's the problem with washing on hot. Your water heater can pump out anything from 110 to 155ish degrees. You dont know how hot the water is unless you test it with a thermometer..

If you wash eagle edgeless or other very fine microfiber in hot water over 120-125 they will get ruined. It happened to mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    After reading this I’m absolutely sure you don’t have a Metro Sidekick Blower.. What are you waiting for? You’re cheating yourself of 1 of the best detailing tools you wish you had from the start. Heck, I’m kicking myself right now for not getting mine fixed yet because drying wheels, tires, grills, mirrors, body moldings & trim, emblems, etc is nowhere near as effective or easy without it.

I don’t know why I haven’t gotten mine fixed yet... You need to get 1 bro.
    You’ll be able to dry each wheel & tire bone dry in less than 1 minute flat. Seriously.
    I have a metro vacNblow. I just got a 30 foot hose for it. You think it would be worth drying my tires and trim with it after a wash?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I have a metro vacNblow. I just got a 30 foot hose for it. You think it would be worth drying my tires and trim with it after a wash?
    Assuming it blows at least as powerful as the Sidekick than yes, you’d be surprised at how much water is hiding in just about every nook & cranny of your vehicle.

You can either choose to do it before or after the initial towel drying [this depends on your preference and having a proper lsp allows you the freedom to choose before or after unless you’re doing it on a hot day in direct sunlight]

In the beginning I would usually towel dry 1st, then turn the blower on and walk around the vehicle knocking all the water out while patting down and wiping it dry.

But if you want to cut to the chase it also works great to use the blower before the towel drying by quikly blowing out the nooks & crannies such as mirrors, the grill, plastic trim & body moldings, emblems, etc. and because you’re simply blowing the water out of crevices you don’t worry about spot drying as you would on an already dry vehicle.. You’re able to do it quik and then you grab your drying towel and fully dry all the water off in 1 shot. [you may want to blow dry the wheels & tires until the end that way you don’t risk the possibility of any water drying on the paint] But overall it can be done faster that way. Or maybe you’ll prefer to do it after towel drying.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I just opened the 30 foot hose. Its slot bigger then the 1 1/4" I have now. I dont think I'll hook it up right now but the 1 1/4" has a lot of power too. I might try it with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    After reading this I’m absolutely sure you don’t have a Metro Sidekick Blower.. What are you waiting for? You’re cheating yourself of 1 of the best detailing tools you wish you had from the start. Heck, I’m kicking myself right now for not getting mine fixed yet because drying wheels, tires, grills, mirrors, body moldings & trim, emblems, etc is nowhere near as effective or easy without it.

I don’t know why I haven’t gotten mine fixed yet... You need to get 1 bro.
    You’ll be able to dry each wheel & tire bone dry in less than 1 minute flat. Seriously.
    You are right, Ric.

I use my Gas blower (modified by me)
    I can dry the entire truck in a couple of minutes with it.

The thing is, it is not always cool (for me at least) to be the guy making noise at 6-7am which is when I am doing 90% of my washing.

So, as an alternative I will use just drying towels.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes Jayfro, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While they may not feel the softest the POINT of them is that they soak up water so well you dont have to put any pressure down into your paint so...
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

8. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, oneheadlite liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234